Design and Fabrication Of Cylindrical Tapping Machine
The cylindrical tapping machine device is an air operated device used for many small operations. It is a portable one. Compressed air is the source of energy for this device. The compressed air is allowed through the nozzle in such a way to rotate to fan. The rotation obtained is utilized for machining. The nozzles are welded to the barrel at an angle to facilitate free rotation. The rpm and torque of the shaft depends upon the pressure of the air admitted so by varying the pressure the rpm and torque can be varied. The parts are interred connected by thick tubes. Clamps are used at the connecting parts to prevent leakage. In threaded parts thread seals are used to prevent leakage. Here the compressed air from the compressor firstly enters the control unit. In the control unit the pressure of the air is controlled and sent to the barrel to rotate the fan in any one direction.
- Low cost, so it can be used in small scale industries.
- Higher rate and quicker operations
- A number of operations like (drilling), screw driving, reaming etc., can be done.
- The nuts and bolts can be tightened to a particular pressure by operating the gate valve placed in the control unit and the pressure gauge.
- Both loosening and tightening is possible. Since there is air flow in both directions.
- The weight of the unit is less and can be easily handled.
- Efficient operation. Since if does not require any electricity for running.
- While working, the compressed air produces noise therefore a silencer may be used.
- High torque can not be obtained.
- Load carrying capacity of this unit is not very high.
Drilling Machine Projects
Machine Tool , Manufacturing Projects List - Abstract , Report
New Mechanical Projects 2020 ( All Projects Post Index List )
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...