Design and Fabrication of Typical Pipe Cutting Machine
The Machine we designed and fabricated is used for cutting any shape of object like Circular, Rectangular, and Polygon. Hence our project namely Typical Pipe Cutting Machine is a Special type of Machine. According to the
type of material to be cut, the cutting tool can be changed. This project gives details of Cutting various shapes and sizes of components. This machine can be widely applied in almost all type of industries. The pipe cutting process is a main part of the all industries. Normally the cutting machine is manually hand operated one for medium and small scale industries. In our project is pneumatically operated “TYPICAL PIPE CUTTING MACHINE”. Automation in the modern world is inevitable. Any automatic machine aimed at the economical use of man, machine, and material worth the most. In our project is hand operated D.C valve and flow control valve is used for semi-automation. The pipe cutting machine works with the help of pneumatic double acting cylinder. The piston is connected to the moving cutting tool. It is also used to cut the small size of sheet metal. The machine is portable in size, so easy transportable.
The compressed air from the compressor is used as the force medium for
this operation. There are pneumatic double acting cylinders, Direction control valve and flow control valve. The arm from the compressor enters to the flow control Valve.
The controlled air from the flow control valve enters to the D.C valve. The function of D.C valves to enter the air into the pneumatic cylinder.
The 5/2 D.C valve is used. In one position air enter to the cylinder and pusses the piston, so that the cutting stroke is obtained. The next position air enters to the other side of cylinder and pusses the piston return back, so that the releasing stroke is obtained.
- This machine is very useful for small and medium scale industries
- This machine is used to cut the plastic pipes
- All Industrial Application
- While working, the compressed air produces noise therefore a silencer may be used.
- High torque cannot be obtained
- Load carrying capacity of this unit is not very high.(<50 N)
- The pneumatic is more efficient in the technical field
- Quick response is achieved
- Simple in construction
- Easy to maintain and repair
- Cost of the unit is less when compared to other machine
- No fire hazard problem due to over loading
- Comparatively the operation cost is less
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...