PNEUMATIC SLOTTING MACHINE MECHANICAL PROJECT
The main target of project is to improved version of a mini pneumatic Slotting machine which will be more efficient for die makers and pattern makers. This machine is pneumatic powered which has low co-efficient of friction. A pneumatic cylinder erected at the top provides power of slotting operations. Compressed air is passed into the power for sharing the work metal.
This project aims at saving initial cost by providing pneumatic Cylinder for power. It needs only less maintenance cost, since less matting parts.
This is a pneumatic powered machine and requires no other means of power to drive the slotting machine this machine executes the slots in the job which enables the machine to do its work automatically to which it increases the production rate.
This machine is an improved mini model of slotting machine. The initial cost of the Machine is very low compared to the conventional machine. This holds simple ideas of Reciprocating motion which is pneumatic powered. The pneumatic cylinder gives power for slotting which uses compressed air is made available from a portable compressor.
The pneumatic slotting machine can be widely used in low cost automation in Die and pattern making industries. The manpower requirement is reduced also reducing the machining time
1. The working medium adopted is compressed air.
2. The compressed air is transmitted through tubes to pneumatic cylinder where power is converted into reciprocating.
3. The reciprocating motion is obtained by using an electrically controlled solenoid valve actuated by trip dogs.
4. The reciprocating motion transmitted to the toolbar through ram, which moves on the dive tail slides.
5. The work piece is clamped on the work table using suitable clamping device.
6. The work piece can be actuated in X and Y direction (i.e., longitudinal feed and depth of cut)
7. When the compressed air is passed into the solenoid value and powered the ram reciprocates.
8. Cutting tool which is fitted to the ram gets reciprocating motion.
- Less co-efficient of friction.
- More efficient
- Power can be easily transmission.
- Less loss in transmission.
- A single compressor can supply power to many pneumatic machines.
- Huge storage space required.
- High loads cannot be provided.
- In a machine shop of the industry at production department it is widely used.
- The slotter is used for cutting grooves, keyways and slots of various shapes, for making regular and irregular surfaces both internal and external.
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...