PNEUMATIC GRINDING MACHINE -Mechanical Project
Initially starting with air compresses, its function is to compress air from a low inlet pressure (usually atmospheric) to a higher pressure level. This is an accomplished by reducing the volume of the air.
PRINCIPLES OF WORKING
- The compressed air from the compressor reaches the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve changes the direction of flow according to the signals from the timing device.
- The compressed air pass through the solenoid valve and it is admitted into the front end of the cylinder block. The air pushes the piston for the grinding stroke. At the end of the grinding stroke air from the solenoid valve reaches the rear end of the cylinder block. The pressure remains the same but the area is less due to the presence of piston rod. This exerts greater pressure on the piston, pushing it at a faster rate thus enabling faster return stroke.
- The weight attached at the end of the hacksaw frame gives constant loads which lower the hacksaw to enable continuous grinding of the work.
- The stroke length of the piston can be changed by making suitable adjustment in the timer.
- Grinding hacksaw frame is removed in the case of grinding operation. The above same procedure is occurring in the grinding operation.
- Chemical Industry
- Plastics and rubber industries
- Stone, Ceramic and glass industries
- Metal Industries:
- Iron and Steel
- Non-ferrous metals
- Scrap and recycled metals
- Leather Industry
- Textile Industry
- Paper and Printing Industry
- Grinding Industries
- There is no need of giving feed during every cut due to the presence of weight.
- The grinding/grinding speed can be varied according to our needs by adjusting the timer.
- It is portable
- It does not have any Prime mover, like electric motor related to the unit.
- As the air is freely available, we can utilize the air to cut the metal and hence it is economical.
- Simple in construction than mechanical hacksaw and grinder
- It is a compact one
- Less Maintenance
- Only smaller size and soft metal can be cut
- It is costlier than the mechanical hacksaw because of compressor unit.
- Less efficiency when compressed to mechanical device.
- Leakage of air affects the working of the unit.
More Resources /articles
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...