FABRICATION OF HIGHSPEED RECIPROCATING HACKSAW MACHINE
The hacksaw is the metal cutting machine tool designed to cut metal by applying pneumatic pressure. The machine exclusively intended for mass production and they represent fasten and more efficient way to cut a metal.
Hacksaws are used to cut thin and soft metals the operation of the unit is simplified to a few simple operations involving a cylinder block and piston arrangement.There are numerous systems in hacksaw machine .the main function of pneumatic hacksaw is to cut thin and soft metals by pneumatic power.
The compressed air from the compressor reaches the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve changes the direction of flow according to the signals from the timing device. The compressed air passes through the solenoid valve and it is admitted into the front end of the cylinder block.The air pushes the piston for the cutting stroke. At the end of the cutting stroke air from the solenoid valve reaches the rear end of the cylinder block.
The pressure remains the same but the area is less due to the presence of piston rod. This exerts greater pressure on the piston, pushing it at a faster rate thus enabling faster return stroke. The weight attached at the end of the hacksaw frame gives constant loads which lower the hacksaw to enable continous cutting of the work. The stroke length of the piston can be changed by making suitable adjustment in the timer.
- The cutting speed can be varied according to our needs by adjusting the timer.
- It is portable.
- It does not have any prime mover like electric motor.
- Simple in construction than mechanical hacksaw.
- It is compact one.
- Less maintenance.
- Only smaller size and soft metal can be cut.
- It is costlier than the mechanical hacksaw because of compressor unit.
- Less efficiency when compressor to mechanical device.
- Leakage of air affects the working of the unit.
- It is used in small scale industries and in large scale industries.
- It useful when materials need to be cut in hazardous areas such as oil & gas refineries, chemical factories or oil rigs as well as dusty and wet environments where electric tools are not effective.
- It is valuable tools in production environments such as pallet repair, shipbuilding or fiberglass workshops, because they will last longer than electric tools.
More Resources /articles
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...