AUTOMATIC BAR FEEDING MECHANISM FOR CUTTING MACHINE
The Bar Feeding mechanism is a metal cutting machine tool designed to feed the metal. The machine is exclusively intended for mass production and they represent fasten and more efficient way to feed a metal.
Automatic Bar feeding mechanism consists of three major blocks. They are
- Metal Feed Mechanism
- Clamping Mechanism
- IR sensor Unit
There are numerous types of cutting machines in Engineering field, which are used to fulfill the requirements. IR sensor unit is used to determine the bar dimension to be cutted. We are interested to introduce pneumatic system in bar clamping machine.
NEED FOR AUTOMATION
Nowadays almost all the manufacturing process is being automised in order to deliver the products at a faster rate. The manufacturing operation is being automised for the following reasons.
- To achieve mass production
- To reduce man power
- To increase the efficiency of the plant
- To reduce the work load
- To reduce the production cost
- To reduce the production time
- To reduce the material handling
- To reduce the fatigue of workers
- To achieve good product quality
- Less Maintenance
PRINCIPLES OF WORKING
- The motor will be rotated, so that the bar is moving from ini tial position to the determined position.
- IR sensor unit is used to determine the bar dimension to be cutted.
- The compressed air from the compressor reaches the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve changes the direction of flow according to the signals from the sensor unit.
- The pneumatic cylinder is used to clamp the work piece automatically with the help of IR sensor unit
- Simple in construction than mechanical hacksaw
- It is a compact one
- Less Maintenance
- Fast production
- Additional cost is required to do the automation.
- Leakage of air affects the working of the unit.
- Small and Medium scale industries Application
- Metal Cutting Industries and Work Shops
More Resources /articles
Machine Tool , Manufacturing Projects List - Abstract , Report
Drilling Machine Projects
Jig and Fixture (Work Holding) Projects
New Mechanical Projects 2020 ( All Projects Post Index List )
Pressure Vessels - Parts, Design, Application, Types, Material, Diagram
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint - Parts, Diagram, Design Calcuation, Applications
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...
2 thoughts on “AUTOMATIC BAR FEEDING MECHANISM FOR CUTTING MACHINE”
Good post. I like your post. Thanks for sharing.
non woven bag making machine in india
How can I get full details of this project?