Table of Contents
AUTOMATIC BAR FEEDING MECHANISM FOR CUTTING MACHINE
The Bar Feeding mechanism is a metal cutting machine tool designed to feed the metal. The machine is exclusively intended for mass production and they represent fasten and more efficient way to feed a metal.
Automatic Bar feeding mechanism consists of three major blocks. They are
- Metal Feed Mechanism
- Clamping Mechanism
- IR sensor Unit
There are numerous types of cutting machines in Engineering field, which are used to fulfill the requirements. IR sensor unit is used to determine the bar dimension to be cutted. We are interested to introduce pneumatic system in bar clamping machine.
NEED FOR AUTOMATION
Nowadays almost all the manufacturing process is being automised in order to deliver the products at a faster rate. The manufacturing operation is being automised for the following reasons.
- To achieve mass production
- To reduce man power
- To increase the efficiency of the plant
- To reduce the work load
- To reduce the production cost
- To reduce the production time
- To reduce the material handling
- To reduce the fatigue of workers
- To achieve good product quality
- Less Maintenance
PRINCIPLES OF WORKING
- The motor will be rotated, so that the bar is moving from ini tial position to the determined position.
- IR sensor unit is used to determine the bar dimension to be cutted.
- The compressed air from the compressor reaches the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve changes the direction of flow according to the signals from the sensor unit.
- The pneumatic cylinder is used to clamp the work piece automatically with the help of IR sensor unit
- Simple in construction than mechanical hacksaw
- It is a compact one
- Less Maintenance
- Fast production
- Additional cost is required to do the automation.
- Leakage of air affects the working of the unit.
- Small and Medium scale industries Application
- Metal Cutting Industries and Work Shops
More Resources /articles
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...