Jig and Fixture ( Clamping and Holding ) Projects For Mechanical Engineers
This article contain list of projects for mechanical engineering students related to Jig and Fixture ( Clamping and Holding) Projects . This list contain projects which are helpful for B.E. Mechanical , Diploma Mechanical Students For Final year Submission . If you looking For Jig and Fixture (Clamping and Holding ) Projects for Engineering Diploma , B.E. / B.TECH mechanical field then you can refer Following List of titles.
To get more information about particular title please click on title For further Browse abstract , Concept Images ,Diagram and Report pdf Download of the same Projects . We try to upload new mechanical engineering projects Daily Here . These project list is about mini projects , Major Projects , simple , Low Cost , Low budget , Innovative projects ideas .
About Jig and Fixture ( Clamping and Holding )
What is Jig :
1) A device which holds and locates a workpiece and guides and controls one or more cutting tools, is called a jig.
2) The holding of work and guiding of the tools are such that they are located in true positions relative to each other.
3) A jig comprises of of a plate, structure, or box made of metal or non-metal having provisions for holding the components in identical positions one after the other and then guiding the tool in correct position on the work.
What is Fixture :
1)A fixture may be defined as a device which holds and locates a workpiece during an inspection or for a manufacturing operation. It does not guide the tool.
2) It comprises of specially designed work holding devices, which are clamped on the machine table to hold the work in position.
3) The tools are set at the required position on the work by using the gauges or by manual adjustment.
Types of Jigs and Fixtures:
The type of jig and fixture totally depends on the type of work to be machined and its quality required.
Some simple drill jigs are as below: Template jig , Plate jig , Diameter jig , Channel jig , Ring jig , Box jig , Leaf jig , Angle plate jig , Indexing jig , Trunion jig
And The different types of fixtures are: Plate fixture , Angle plate fixture , Vise-jaw fixture , Indexing fixture , Multistation fixture , Profile fixture.
Jig and Fixture ( Clamping and Holding ) Related Mechanical Engineering Projects
Mini Projects , Major Projects , Innovative Project topics with Abstract- Diagram and PDF Report related to Jig and Fixture (Clamping and Holding ) useful for Mechanical College Students , Diploma Students and Final year Students.
- FABRICATION OF KEYWAY(SLOTTING FIXTURE) ATTACHMENT FOR LATHE
- Mechanical Project On Sensor Operated Vice
- Design And Fabrication Of Tilting and Angle Vice
- DESIGN OF JIG AND FIXTURE FOR MILLING MACHINE
- DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF THE LEAF JIG MECHANICAL PROJECT
- Fabrication Of Hydraulic Pipe Clamp Pressing Machine
- FABRICATION HIGH PRESSURE PNEUMATIC MACHINE VICE
- AUTO INDEXING GEAR CUTTING ATTACHMENT FOR PNEUMATIC SHAPING MACHINE
- PROJECT ON DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF CAM VICE
- DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF EQUALISER CLAMP
- Automatic Spring Rolling Machine Project Report Download
- Hydro- Pneumatic Vice With Pressure Booster Mechanical Project
- AUTOMATIC PNEUMATIC VICE AND JACK | Buy
- Design and Fabrication Of Hydro-Pneumatic Clamping System
- Automation of Fixtures Using Hydraulic Power Pack for a Bogie Underframe
- Fabrication of hydraulic pipe clamp pressing machine
- Multipurpose Indexing Device -Lathe ,Milling, Drilling Attachment Mechanical Project
- Milling Attachment / Fixture For Lathe Machine
- Pipe Thread Cutting Machine
- AUTO CENTRIC SYSTEM FOR FOUR JAW CHUCK
- MULTIPURPOSE TOOL CHANGER-Mechanical Project
- Design a drill jig for drilling on cylindrical surface -Mechanical Project
More Resources /articles
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...