Button Operated Gear Changing System For Two Wheeler
A method of controlling a gear change of an automobile, automobile comprising an internal combustion engine; an automatic transmission connected to an output rotation shaft of engine so as to transmit the rotational output of engine to drive wheels of automobile through any selected one of a plurality of gear ratios; a load device selectively connectable to output rotation shaft of engine via selectively-connecting means; and means for generating a gear change control signal for selecting one of gear ratios of automatic transmission in accordance with one of operational conditions of automobile and engine method comprising the steps of controlling selectively-connecting means when gear change signal-generating means generates the control signal in such a manner that selectively-connecting means connects load device to output rotation shaft of engine.
This project emphasizes on minimization of harmful efforts of pressing the gear lever. The gear is engaged by pressing the lever, and disengaged by pressing same lever in opposite direction under the control of the driver. In road vehicles, gear mechanism used is with lever operated by driver hand which requires some efforts to operate the gear lever and need attention during the driving of vehicle (specially in heavy vehicle).
In our project, the control switch is used instead of the gear lever in vehicles or automobiles and the gear lever is attached with electromagnet solenoid to operate gear lever. Electromagnet solenoid is a switch operated by electric power supply from battery of vehicle. Now the project mainly concentrates on designing and demonstrating the switch operated gear mechanism unit to operate gear lever for engaging or disengaging the gear
Our project achieves higher safety, reduces human effort, reduces the work load, reduces the vehicle accident, reduces the fatigue of workers and reduces maintenance cost.
Figure: Model of button operated gear mechanism
When vehicle to start, gear should be at neutral position. To neutral the gear green color switch is operated and then vehicle is started. To engage the gear switch no. 1 is pressed and to disengage the gear switch no. 2 is pressed.
PROJECT CONCEPTS AND PRODUCT DETAILS
3. Gear shifting lever
4. Electromagnetic solenoid
5. Gear shifting switch
6. Power transmission system
1. 4-stroke engine 100CC it is mounted on frame.
2. Gear shifting lever- it is attached to engine.
3. Electromagnetic solenoid- It is attached to gear shifting lever.
4. Gear shifting switch panel- It is attached to electromagnetic solenoid.
5. Battery- It is attached to the gear shifting switch panel.
6. Accelerator- It is attached to the handle.
7. Clutch lever- It is attached to the handle.
4-stroke engine 100CC to develop power. Gear shifting lever- It use for shift the gear.Solenoid- solenoid is a device. The structure is something like pipe. In which coil is present between these two coils iron rod is present. When we give electric supply that coil then it generates magnetic flux and due to this magnetic flux iron rod push inside this solenoid.Gear shifting switch panel-This device control the flow of current.Battery- This device store electric current.
1. 4-stroke engine 100CC to develop power.
2. Gear shifting lever- It use for shift the gear.
3. Solenoid- solenoid is a device. The structure is something like pipe. In which coil is present between these two coils iron rod is present. When we give electric supply that coil then it generates magnetic flux and due to this magnetic flux iron rod push inside this solenoid.
4. Gear shifting switch panel-This device control the flow of current.
5. Battery- This device store electric current.
6. Accelerator- Use for increasing engine acceleration.