Resume Tips – how to make a resume for first job
Resume writing tips
While there are a few commonly used resume styles, your resume should reflect your unique education, experience and relevant skills. You might consider having multiple versions of your resume tailored to the jobs you’re applying for. Here are a few key resume writing tips that will help you organize and design your resume.
A resume is a representation of your candidature. A person should know about you completely after reading your resume.
- Starting with your Name, Contact details, may be a photograph of yours(which is not mandatory).
- Your Career Objective (what you want to be in your career) Eg: To work in a firm with a professional work driven environment where I can utilize and apply my knowledge, skills which would enable me to grow while fulfilling organizational goals. or try a simple one that fits in one line or 2 at max.
- Education (this should be mentioned in reverse cronological order, like engineering, Intermediate or +2, 10th etc)
- Your Subjects of interest, (atleast 1 -3)
- Professional skills (like softwares used in mechanical domain) Eg: 1 Cad software, 1 Simulation & analysis software, 1 Programming language, 1 scripting tool etc
- Projects, research works, case studies, practical training, workshops, Industrial visits etc
- Internships (Mention this separately as it gives you an edge over other candidates)
- Achievements ( Eg: stood 1st in a competition)
- Co-Curricular activities (All the workshops attended, technical competitions, seminars, conferences etc)
- Extra Curricular activities (Eg: working for your college fest, volunteering an activity, holding a position in your college clubs and associations)
- Hobbies (This is necessary as it reveals the other part of a candidate)
- Strengths (or mention it as Personality traits; don’t boast yourself; keep it simple and straight to the point)
- Languages known (If one knows more languages, he can work in multiple locations and survive)
- References (if any by one of your professors or industry professionals)
- Declaration (This is not necessary, unless asked to mention)
This is the standard format of a resume which recruiters look for, in case of freshers.
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...