Do’s and Don’ts for Resume Writing | Resume writing tips
In Previous Post we discussed about resume formats and some tips to right a professional resume to get a job.
To Download Resume format
Resume gives your qualification and skills. Resume reflects your personality and attitude hence your resume should be well written and technically accepted by corporate world. Tips for making Profession resume are mentioned below. Read and Follow these suggestions to make your resume strong and Effective.
- Restrict your resume to not more than 2-3 pages.
- Font Times New Roman, Calibri.
- Font size 14 for Headings and 12 for other texts.
- Margins Moderate for Low Data and Narrow for unavoidable high amount of data.
- Generally don’t use block letters expects for your Name.
- Print only on one side of the Page.
- Don’t use declaration sentences like “I developed the….” Or “I assisted in….” leave out the “I”
- Be Honest, No Lies, they can easily catch you.
- Use bullet for each under heading.
- Use good quality paper for resume.
- For Photocopy ideally use a good copier and executive bond paper or other similar quality.
- Do not Overuse Capitalization, italics,underlines,or other emphasizing features.
- Do not use a complicated format for getting too creative.
- Do not use a unique, creative layout or other emphasizing features.
- Do not declaration at the End.
- Carry one extra copy of resume with you during interview.
- Border (1.5 to 2pt )
- Write your name in colour ( not funky colours)
- Don’t Send it as a Word Document
- Don’t Use More Than 2 Fonts
- Grammatical Mistakes:
- Do not switch tenses within your resume.
- The duties you currently perform should be in present tense ( i.e. write reports)
- Duties you may have performed at past jobs should be in past tense (i.e. wrote reports.)
- When expressing numbers,write out all numbers between one and nine (i.e. one,two,three,seven) but use numerals for all numbers 10 and above (i.e. 12, 15, 18,108 ).
22. AVOID COMMON MISTAKES -SPELLING MISTAKES
- Don’t use words with which you aren’t familiar.
- Use a dictionary as you write.
- Perform a spell check on your finished resume.
- Carefully read aloud every word in your resume.
- Have a friend or two who proofs read your resume for you
- Be consistent in your use of punctuation.
- Always put full stops and commas withing quotation.
- Avoid using exclamation points..
Points That should be in fresher Resumes: (In Next Post I will explain all below Points )
More Resources /articles
- Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date Of Birth, Email-ID, Branch/Field
- Career Objective
- Educational Qualification Details .Educational Achievements.
- Industrial Experience,Training, Internships, etc.
- Computer Skills.
- Co-curricular Activities and Achievements.
- Leadership and organizational activities.
- Extracurricular Activities and Achievements.
- Hobbies and Interests.
Technical Mechanical Interview Question and Answers
Mechanical Subjectwise Basic Concept Notes ,Articles
New Mechanical Projects 2020 ( All Projects Post Index List )
Pressure Vessels - Parts, Design, Application, Types, Material, Diagram
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint - Parts, Diagram, Design Calcuation, Applications
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...
3 thoughts on “Do’s and Don’ts for Resume Writing | Resume writing tips”
We work on different assignments – whether you need a college essay, dissertation, or cover letter, you can get it on time and it will be worth the money you paid for it, have a peek at the link to find more!
can you post a resume?
Yeah! It would be great!
I would also like to look at examples of resumes.