Do’s and Don’ts for Resume Writing | Resume writing tips
- Restrict your resume to not more than 2-3 pages.
- Font Times New Roman, Calibri.
- Font size 14 for Headings and 12 for other texts.
- Margins Moderate for Low Data and Narrow for unavoidable high amount of data.
- Generally don’t use block letters expects for your Name.
- Print only on one side of the Page.
- Don’t use declaration sentences like “I developed the….” Or “I assisted in….” leave out the “I”
- Be Honest, No Lies, they can easily catch you.
- Use bullet for each under heading.
- Use good quality paper for resume.
- For Photocopy ideally use a good copier and executive bond paper or other similar quality.
- Do not Overuse Capitalization, italics,underlines,or other emphasizing features.
- Do not use a complicated format for getting too creative.
- Do not use a unique, creative layout or other emphasizing features.
- Do not declaration at the End.
- Carry one extra copy of resume with you during interview.
- Border (1.5 to 2pt )
- Write your name in colour ( not funky colours)
- Don’t Send it as a Word Document
- Don’t Use More Than 2 Fonts
- Grammatical Mistakes:
- Do not switch tenses within your resume.
- The duties you currently perform should be in present tense ( i.e. write reports)
- Duties you may have performed at past jobs should be in past tense (i.e. wrote reports.)
- When expressing numbers,write out all numbers between one and nine (i.e. one,two,three,seven) but use numerals for all numbers 10 and above (i.e. 12, 15, 18,108 ).
- Don’t use words with which you aren’t familiar.
- Use a dictionary as you write.
- Perform a spell check on your finished resume.
- Carefully read aloud every word in your resume.
- Have a friend or two who proofs read your resume for you
- Be consistent in your use of punctuation.
- Always put full stops and commas withing quotation.
- Avoid using exclamation points..
Points That should be in fresher Resumes: (In Next Post I will explain all below Points )
- Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date Of Birth, Email-ID, Branch/Field
- Career Objective
- Educational Qualification Details .Educational Achievements.
- Industrial Experience,Training, Internships, etc.
- Computer Skills.
- Co-curricular Activities and Achievements.
- Leadership and organizational activities.
- Extracurricular Activities and Achievements.
- Hobbies and Interests.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...