Design and Fabrication Of Abrasive Jet Machine Report Download :
Introduction To AJM:
Abrasive Jet Machining (AJM) is Non conventional machining the removal of material from a workpiece by the application of a high speed stream of abrasive particles carried in gas medium from a nozzle. The AJM process differs from conventional sand blasting in that the abrasive is much finer and the process parameters and cutting action are carefully controlled. The process is used chiefly to cut intricate shapes in hard and brittle materials which are sensitive to heat and have a tendency to chip easily. The process is also used for debarring and cleaning operations. AJM is inherently free from chatter and vibration problems. The cutting action is cool because the carrier gas serves as a coolant.
See more information : Introduction To Water Jet Machining Process | Advantages and Disadvantages
Machine Parts and Setup :
The major components are:
1. Air compressor.
2. Air filter.
4. Pressure Gauge.
5. Pressure Regulator.
6. Vibrator or Mixer.
8. Arrangement to hold the work piece.
Different variables in Abrasive Jet Machine:
The variables that influence the rate of metal removal and accuracy of machining in this process is:
1. Carrier gas
2. Types of abrasive
3. Size of abrasive grain
4. Velocity of abrasive jet
5. Flow rate of abrasive
6. Work material
7. Geometry, composition and material of nozzle
8. Nozzle work distance (stand off distance)
1. Low capital cost
2. Ability to cut intricate holes shape in materials of any hardness.
3. Ability to cut heat sensitive material without damage.
4. As no heat is generated in the process, no change in micro-structure
1. Material removal rate is low and hence its application is limited.
2. Embedding of the abrasive in the work piece surface may occur while machining softer material.
3. The abrasive material may accumulate at nozzle and fail the process if moisture is present in the air.
4. It cannot be used to drill blind holes.
5. Occasional plugging of mixing tube: Usually caused by dirt or large particles in abrasive.
6. Wear, misalignment, and damage to the nozzle.
Abrasive Jet Machining report Download
Non traditional machining Projects
Project Sample report , Final report Download
Machine Tool , Manufacturing Projects List - Abstract , Report
New Mechanical Projects 2020 ( All Projects Post Index List )
Pressure Vessels - Parts, Design, Application, Types, Material, Diagram
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint - Parts, Diagram, Design Calcuation, Applications
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...
3 thoughts on “DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF WORKING MODEL OF ABRASIVE JET MACHINE”
We are also planning to do AJM. Can you please tell us the cost of the entire project? Thanks.
got any idea? please contact 8884030561
I am very happy to read this post about jet machining, you have shared good and valuable information to user.
colored glass filters