Pest Controlling in agricultural farm using Robot Mechanical Project
In this project work an engineering solution to the current human health hazards involved in spraying potentially toxic chemicals in the confined space of a hot and steamy glasshouse or agricultural field is achieved by the design and construction of an autonomous mobile robot for use in pest control and disease prevention applications in commercial greenhouses. For this a mechanical robot is designed. The effectiveness of this platform is shown by the platforms ability to successfully navigate itself down rows of a greenhouse, while the pesticide
spraying system efficiently covers the plants evenly with spray in the set dosages.
A robot which could spray chemicals under grapevine trellis was developed and experimented. From the experimental results, it was observed that the robot system made precise spraying operation and its precise operation record possible. Based on the precise operations and records, an optimum management of chemicals could be expected, that is, necessary amount of chemicals would be sprayed only at necessary considered that this robot would be able to contribute the minimum input maximum output production system by establishment of trace ability system in grape production.
Such types of robots, which are used in the agricultural fields, are called as Agrobots. Here in this module we have designed a robot, which can be controlled by using a remote for spraying the pesticides in the field or greenhouse. By the development of these agrobots lot of manual labor will also be decreased.
In this regard here is a demo model of such equipment, which performs the operation very effectively. Such types of robots, which are used in the agricultural fields, are called as Agrobots. Here in this module we have designed a robot, which can be controlled by using a remote for spraying the pesticides in the field or greenhouse. By the development of these agrobots lot of manual labor will also be decreased. Here in this project a remote is designed with the help of RF transmitter, which encodes the data to the robot for controlling the movement as well as spraying the pesticide. The robot is equipped with RF receiver, which decodes and controls it. The transmitting and receiving modules are constructed using micro-controllers.
Introduction to project
- The project aims on the design, development and fabrication of the demonstration unit of the project “PEST CONTROLLING IN AGRICULTURE BY ROBOT.”
- More than 42% of the total population in the world has chosen agriculture as their primary occupation. In recent years, the development of autonomous vehicles in agriculture has experienced increased interest. This development has led many researches to start developing more rational and adaptable vehicles. In the field of agriculture autonomous vehicle, a concept is being developed to investigate if multiple small autonomous vehicles, machines would be more efficient than traditional large tractors and human force.
- These vehicles should be capable of working 24 hours a day all year round, in most weather conditions. Moreover such a system may have less environmental impact if it can reduce over application of chemicals and high usage of energy, such as diesel and fertilizer, by control that is better matched to stochastic requirements.
Working of pest controlling
- Pest controlling is required in any agriculture field, otherwise it can damage the crops of the fields.
- Pest controlling is either done manually or recently robot by means of liquid pesticides spraying on the crops. It helpful to protect the crops and leaves from insects and fungies.
- In most of area it is done manually, but with improvement in technologies about agriculture instruments like robots is used for many works like harvesting of the crops, spraying water to crops, cutting of crops and also providing pesticides to the crops.
- Many inventers worked on the robots for spraying pesticides and they also gets success, such robots which are helpful to farmers for spraying pesticides called Agrobots.
List of parts of Agrobot
4.1.3 Power supply/Battery
4.1.4 D.C Motors
4.1.5 Air compressor
4.1.6 Air tank and liquid fill tank
4.2 Wheel and carrier
4.2.1 Two wheeled robot
Actual model of project
This project is divided into two modules i.e., the transmitter and the receiver (Agrobot). The transmitter i.e., the remote has been equipped with Keyboard and RF transmitter, which have been interfaced using microcontroller 89C2051. There are 4 keys for controlling the robot. 4 keys are used for the direction control i.e., moving forward, backward, right turn and left turn.
- Avoid the farmer being exposed to toxic pesticide vapors produced during spraying.
- Reduce the workload on the farmer and as it is easier to operate.
- The farmer need not spry in the hot sun, he can operate the device while standing in a cooler place.
- By the development of these agrobots lot of manual labor will also be decreased and the farmer life will save from chemicals.
- It is east to operate and compact in design.
- It is inexpensive.
Download report :
pages : 50
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...