Design and Fabrication of 360° Flexible Drilling Machine
In previous drilling machine many of the problems arise during drilling. Some parts cannot drill due to small work space between drill bit and work piece. So we use hand drills in this cases but it cause alignment problems. So here i propose a 360 degree flexible drill that can be mounted on a table or wall and can be used to drill holes horizontally, vertically or even upside down. So this make it possible for easy drilling in even complicated parts and surfaces.
Drill machines have been the heart of every industry. Drilling holes in parts, sheets and structures is a regular industrial work. Perfect and well aligned drilling needs fixed and strong drills. Some parts cannot be drilled using fixed drills due to low space between drill bit and drill bed. We need to use hand drills in such cases but hand drills have alignment problems while drilling. So here i propose a 360º flexible drill that can be mounted on a table or wall and can be used to drill holes horizontally , vertically or even upside down. So this makes it possible for easy drilling in even complicated parts and surfaces. Thus i use rotating hinges and connectors with motor mount and supporting structure to design and fabricate a 360 degree drilling machine for easy drilling operations.
Drilling Machine Construction
The basic parts of a drilling machine are its base, supporting arms, drill head and chuck. The base made of cast iron or other hard material may rest on a bench, floor depending upon the design. Larger and heavy duty machines are grounded on the floor. The arms are mounted on base with the help of hinge to rotate about it. It is accurately machined and the arms can move up, down and rotate about x-axis. The drill chuck, an electric motor and the mechanism meant for driving the chuck at different speeds are mounted on the top of the upper arm. Power is transmitted from the electric motor to the drill chuck.
MATERIALS & METHODS
My project even be rotate easily drill at any direction. So that job setting operation is not complicated as well as reduces the setting time for the operation. It also takes into consideration the most effective method of controlling the drilling machine by manually. Materials like wood, plastic and light metals drilled with this. The work piece is fixed on the work table. As the machine tool exert Vertical pressure to original a hole it loosely called a “drill press”. This Drilling is performed for Different Position Drilling in the working job. Up/Down and rotating mechanism is available in this Drilling Machine.
1) In which all the component is mounted on table. This support the arm to rotate freely.
2) Arm rotates manually when where it is required.
3) Motor are mounted on Arm which moves where work piece is to drill.
4) Put drill bit point on work piece area where drill is required.
5) Switch on the main supply which of A.C.
6) Then this A.C. flow through Rectifier and convert to Pure D.C.
7) This rotates motor and also bit rotates.
8) After make hole where on work piece is required.
9) Then switch off the main supply.
1) EFFICIENT DRILLING
2) 360 DEGREE ROTATION
4) EASY TO USE
5) LOW COST
6) REDUCE HANDLING COST
7) REDUCE TIME
8) REDUCE OVERALL MANUFACTURING COST
9) INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
1) To put holes with high precision on engine heads, blocks and cylindrical shell.
2) Used in furniture making.
C. Future Scope
1) It is used in industries.
2) It is used with automation for automatic drilling.
3) In future it is used in every field where drilling is required.
4) Also use this method of rotation of arm in other machining operation.
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...