Design and Fabrication of Angular Drilling Machine
Now a day, machines are widely controlled by embedded system. To meet the need of exploding population economic and effective control of machines is necessary. Our project even is rotated to easily drill at any direction. So that job setting operation is not complicated as well as reduces the setting time for the operation. It also takes into consideration the most effective method of controlling the drilling machine by manually. Materials like wood, plastic and light metals can be drilled with this. The work piece is fixed on the work table, which is provided with a moving arrangement.
The drilling machine is one of the most important machine tools in a workshop. In a drilling machine holes may be drilled quickly and at a low cost. The hole is generated by the rotating edge of a cutting tool known as the drill, which exerts large force on the work clamped on the table. As the machine tool exerts vertical pressure to original a hole it loosely called a “drill press”. Drilling is the operation of producing circular hole in the work-piece by using a rotating cutter called drill, the most common type of drill is the twist drill.
The machine tool used for drilling is called drilling machine. The drilling operation can also be accomplished in a lathe, in which the drill is held in the tailstock and the work is held and rotated by a chuck. This angular drilling is performed for Different Angle Drilling in the working job. Indexing Plate and Up/down mechanism is available in this Angular Drilling Machine.
Drilling Machine Construction
The basic parts of a drilling machine are a base, column, drill head and spindle. The base made of cast iron may rest on a bench, pedestal or floor depending upon the design. Larger and heavy duty machines are grounded on the floor. The column is mounted vertically upon the base. It is accurately machined and the table can be moved up and down on it. The drill spindle, an electric motor and the mechanism meant for driving the spindle at different speeds are mounted on the top of the column. Power is transmitted from the electric motor to the spindle.
Our project even be rotate easily drill at any direction. So that job setting operation is not complicated as well as reduces the setting time for the operation. It also takes into consideration the most effective method of controlling the drilling machine by manually. Materials like wood, plastic and light metals can be drilled with this. The work piece is fixed on the work table, which is provided with a moving arrangement. As the machine tool exerts vertical pressure to original a hole it loosely called a “drill press”. This Angular Drilling is performed for Different Angle Drilling in the working job. Indexing Plate and Up/down mechanism is available in this angular Drilling Machine.
Parts Required For this Project:
- Bevel Gears
- Frame for support
- Universal motor for power Device
- Drill bits and hand drill
- Lead Screw
- indexing plate which has marking of degree
- The working operation of this angular drilling machine is initially started from the universal motor through A.C. Power source.
- In this, there is one power sources, received from the power supply.
- After that the indexing mechanism is controlled , to fix the desired angle.
- A lock nut is attached to the indexing plate to avoid and deviation of angle during drilling.
- According to the requirement of drilling it will tilt very precisely.
- The rotary motion of the indexing plate is given to the bevel gear.
- This rotary motion is given to the shaft and used to rotate the Drill head.
- The depth of cut will be adjusted by the screw in the drill head structure.
- The speed of motor is controlled using Regulator.
- After that motor is started the desire angle and desire speed is fixed then drilling process performed.
- With the help our project we can achieve the angular drill hole very precisely.
- Thus our project can perform very tiny angular hole and variations can be achieved.
- This system determines the accurate position .
- This system reduces the manufacturing lead time.
- This system eliminates the geometrical error of the drill hole.
- Highly accurate and more efficient.
- Compact and quick response.
- To put angular and straight holes with high precession on engine heads and blocks and cylindrical shell.
- Used in general furniture making angle.
Reference And Download Report:
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...
2 thoughts on “Design and Fabrication of Angular Drilling Machine”
sir please send me full project report and project expected cost
I’m very interested in this projects. This is very needful for drilling holes in Angle.