Vacuum Thermoforming For Plastic Sheets | Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Vacuum Thermoforming:
- Extremely adaptive to design requirement
- Rapid prototype development
- Low initial setup costs
- Low production costs
Disadvantages of thermoforming:
- Poor surface finish
- Parts may have non-uniform wall thickness.
- All parts need to be trimmed
- Ribs and bosses cannot be molded easily
- Limited number of materials can be used
- Very thick plastic sheets can’t be formed
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...