Table of Contents
Rotational Molding – Working Principle , Application , Advantages, Disadvantages
A mold release agent should be used to quickly remove the formed part. Mold release can reduce cycle times and defects of finished product. Three different types of mold release agent may be used i.e. sacrificial coating (silicones), semi-permanent coating, (polysiloxane), and permanent coating (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- The amount of powder
- Heating temperature and time
- Rotational speeds
- Cooling rates
- Allows complex mold split lines.
- Allows molded threads and mold-in inserts.
- Allows a wide range of surface finishes (textured, smooth, or polished).
- Very little waste.
- Low residual stresses
- Tooling is less expensive
- Suitable for both low-volume prototypes and high-volume production runs
- Slow production speed. It usually takes about one hour to complete the process
- Lower precision
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...