Table of Contents
Rotational Molding – Working Principle , Application , Advantages, Disadvantages
A mold release agent should be used to quickly remove the formed part. Mold release can reduce cycle times and defects of finished product. Three different types of mold release agent may be used i.e. sacrificial coating (silicones), semi-permanent coating, (polysiloxane), and permanent coating (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- The amount of powder
- Heating temperature and time
- Rotational speeds
- Cooling rates
- Allows complex mold split lines.
- Allows molded threads and mold-in inserts.
- Allows a wide range of surface finishes (textured, smooth, or polished).
- Very little waste.
- Low residual stresses
- Tooling is less expensive
- Suitable for both low-volume prototypes and high-volume production runs
- Slow production speed. It usually takes about one hour to complete the process
- Lower precision
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...