Rotational Molding – Working Principle , Application , Advantages, Disadvantages
A mold release agent should be used to quickly remove the formed part. Mold release can reduce cycle times and defects of finished product. Three different types of mold release agent may be used i.e. sacrificial coating (silicones), semi-permanent coating, (polysiloxane), and permanent coating (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- The amount of powder
- Heating temperature and time
- Rotational speeds
- Cooling rates
- Allows complex mold split lines.
- Allows molded threads and mold-in inserts.
- Allows a wide range of surface finishes (textured, smooth, or polished).
- Very little waste.
- Low residual stresses
- Tooling is less expensive
- Suitable for both low-volume prototypes and high-volume production runs
- Slow production speed. It usually takes about one hour to complete the process
- Lower precision
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...