Rotational Molding – Working Principle , Application , Advantages, Disadvantages
A mold release agent should be used to quickly remove the formed part. Mold release can reduce cycle times and defects of finished product. Three different types of mold release agent may be used i.e. sacrificial coating (silicones), semi-permanent coating, (polysiloxane), and permanent coating (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- The amount of powder
- Heating temperature and time
- Rotational speeds
- Cooling rates
- Allows complex mold split lines.
- Allows molded threads and mold-in inserts.
- Allows a wide range of surface finishes (textured, smooth, or polished).
- Very little waste.
- Low residual stresses
- Tooling is less expensive
- Suitable for both low-volume prototypes and high-volume production runs
- Slow production speed. It usually takes about one hour to complete the process
- Lower precision
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...