Jig and Fixture Basic | Interview Question and Answers
Jig and Fixture Basic | Interview , viva , oral Question and Answers
1. What is the function of jig bushes?
Drill bushes are used to guide drills, reamers and other cutting tools into the proper position on the work piece.
2. What are the two types of press fit bushes?
a. Plain or headless bushes
b. Flanged or headed bushes
3. Distinguish between the channel and box jigs.
In channel jigs, holes are drilled only in face but holes can be drilled on more than face using box jigs.
4. What are the different types of jigs?
a. Plate jigs
b. Latch jig
c. Channel jig
d. Box jig
e. Angle plate jig
f. Pot jig
5. Define sandwich jig.
These jigs are a form of plate jig with a back plate. This type of jig is ideal for thin or soft parts that could bend or wrap in another style of jig. Here again, the use of buildings is determined by the number of parts to be made.
6. What are the standard work holding devices in lathe?
c. Face plate
7. Mention any four essential features made on milling fixtures.
b. Tenon strips
c. Setting block
d. Locating elements
8. List out the various locators used in fixtures.
a. Cylindrical locating pin
b. Diamond pin locator
c. Screw and dowels
9. Name any four essential features of a milling fixture.
b. Locating elements
c. Setting elements
d. Tenon strips
e. Clamping element
10. What devices are mainly used to assemble modular elements?
Modular fixturing is a work holding system which uses a series of reusable standard components to build a wide variety of special purpose work holding devices. These types of fixtures are assembled with a variety of standard tooling plates, supports, locating elements, clamping devices and similar units.
11. What are the important elements of inspection fixtures?
a. Locating element
b. Clamping element
c. Gauging element
d. Auxiliary element
12. What are the two types of inspection fixtures?
a. In-process inspection fixtures
b. Off-line inspection fixtures
13. State the use of grinding fixtures.
Several different forms of fixtures are used on grinding machines to locate, hold and support the work piece during the operations.
14. What are boring fixtures? How do you classify them?
This fixture which is used for cutting internal key-ways in pulleys, gears, sprockets, etc is known as key way broaching fixture
15. What are the various machine tools used for boring?
b. Drill presses
c. Milling machine
d. Jig boring machine
e. Vertical or horizontal boring mills
16. State the classification of boring bars.
a. Stub bar
b. Single-piloted bar
c. Double-piloted bar
17. What are the different types of broaching operation?
a. Keyway broaching
b. Hole broaching
c. Gear broaching
18. What are fixtures?
Some type of tooling used in positioning parts relative to each other for fabricating purposes are commonly referred to as fixtures.
19. When slip bushes are used?
Slip bushes are mainly used when a hole in the work piece requires two operations. Ex: performing both drilling and reaming in a same jig plate.
20. What is the use of tack welding fixture?
Tack welding fixtures are used to locate the components of an element in their correct relationship with proper clamps while a welder tacks them together prior to their final welding.
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...