Introduction To Pneumatic System And Components Used in Pneumatic system
Pneumatic technology deals with the study of behavior and applications of compressed air in our daily life in general and manufacturing automation in particular. Pneumatic systems use air as the medium which is abundantly available and can be exhausted into the atmosphere after completion of the assigned task.
Basic Components of Pneumatic System:
- Air filters:These are used to filter out the contaminants from the air.
- Compressor: Compressed air is generated by using air compressors. Air compressors are either diesel or electrically operated. Based on the requirement of compressed air, suitable capacity compressors may be used.
- Air cooler:During compression operation, air temperature increases. Therefore coolers are used to reduce the temperature of the compressed air.
- Dryer: The water vapor or moisture in the air is separated from the air by using a dryer.
- Control Valves:Control valves are used to regulate, control and monitor for control of direction flow, pressure etc.
- Air Actuator:Air cylinders and motors are used to obtain the required movements of mechanical elements of pneumatic system.
- Electric Motor:Transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy. It is used to drive the compressor.
- Receiver tank :The compressed air coming from the compressor is stored in the air receiver.
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...