Table of Contents
What are the Application Of Compressor
Basic Of Compressor :
A compressor is a mechanical device that increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume.
Compressor is a machine which increases the pressure of a fluid by mechanically decreasing its volume (i.e. by compressing it).(The fluid here is generally air since liquids are theoretically incompressible).
SIGNIFICANCE OF AIR COMPRESSORS
- Compressed Air is often described as the fourth utility, although not as ubiquitous as electricity, petrol and gas, it plays a fundamental part in the modern world.
- The importance of compressed air is often over looked, but in reality it plays a vital part in most modern manufacturing processes and modern civilization.
- Although we may not realize it most products we use today could simply not be made without compressed air.
- Compressed air accounts for about 10% of the global energy used in industry today.
- With so many applications in different environments being dependant on compressed air, the compressors not only have to compress the air to a specific pressure, at a certain flow, it has to deliver air of the right quality.
- To most people, a compressor is all that is required to compress air, but to obtain the right quality of the compressed air, more equipment is often needed.
- Filters and dryers are often needed to remove oil and water before it reaches the application.
- Compressed Air has a range of completely oil-less compressors where air comes into contact with the process it serves and so the quality is critical, for example in where a compressor may be used in a food packaging role.
APPLICATION OF COMPRESSORS
- Reciprocating compressors are typically used where high compression ratios (ratio of discharge to suction pressures) are required per stage without high flow rates, and the process fluid is relatively dry.
- Screw compressors: Trailer mounted diesel powered units are often seen at construction sites, and are used to power air operated construction machinery.
- P.E.T bottling industries, gas filling stations usually use reciprocating compressors. Processing equipment, Oxygen Generators Oil
- Atomization use compressors of required capacity.
- Air compressors: a compressor that takes in air at atmospheric pressure and delivers it at a higher pressure.
- Compressors serve the basic necessities & form an integral part of the company .
- Pneumatic brakes
- Pneumatic drills
- Pneumatic jacks
- Pneumatic lifts
- Spray painting
- Shop cleaning
- Injecting fuel in Diesel engines
- Refrigeration and Air conditioning systems.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...