Seminar on Frictionless Compressor Technology Report Download
Traditional centrifugal compressors use roller bearings and hydrodynamic bearings, both of which consume power and require oil and lubrication system. This can be overcome by the introduction of new compressor technology called frictionless compressor technology. The frictionless compressor technology is compressor with the application of magnetic bearings and permanent magnet synchronous motor. In frictionless compressor instead of roller bearings and hydrodynamic bearings, magnetic bearings are used. Magnetic bearings consume less power and there is no need for oil and lubrication systems. Permanent magnet brushless synchronous motor has permanent magnet instead of copper windings.
After 10 years of development, magnetic bearing compressors offer economic, energy, and environmental benefits. Chief among them are increased energy efficiency, the elimination of oil and oil management and considerable less weight, noise, and vibration. This is initial mid-range package offers centrifugal compression efficiencies previously reserved for large tonnage systems only. This compressor has high reliability, efficiency, less maintenance cost and staff. With the help of digital control system the controlling and monitoring of work is very easy. The frictionless compressor technology makes new revolutions in the field of air conditioning, refrigeration etc…
A new compressor technology introduced during the 2008 International Air-Conditioning Heating Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), held last January in Chicago, may have a significant effect on the future of mid-range chillers and rooftop applications in water-cooled, evaporative cooled, and air-cooled chilled water and direct-expansion (DX) systems. Designed and optimized to take full advantage of magnetic-bearing technology, the compressor was awarded the first AHR Expo Innovation Award in the energy category, as well as Canada’s Energy Efficiency Award for its potential to reduce utility-generated greenhouse-gas emissions. The compressor is key to a new water cooled centrifugal-chiller design, with Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) tests indicating integrated part-load values (IPLVs) not normally seen with conventional chillers in this tonnage range.
Frictionless Compressor Technology is one of the fast growing Technology in the mechanical engineering field. In the case of Traditional centrifugal compressors, we use roller bearings & hydrodynamic bearings, both of them consume power & require oil & lubrication system. This can be overcome by introduction of the new compressor technology which is called as frictionless compressor technology.
A gas compressor is a mechanical device that increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume. Compressors are similar to pumps: both increase the pressure on a fluid and both can transport the fluid through a pipe. As gases are compressible, the compressor also reduces the volume of a gas. Liquids are relatively incompressible, so the main action of a pump is to transport liquids.
The Frictionless compressor is the world’s first totally Oil-Free compressor specifically designed for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) industry. The convergence of aerospace and industrially proven magnetic bearings, variable-speed centrifugal compression and digital electronic technologies enables the frictionless compressors (nominal 60-150 ton capacity range) to achieve the highest compressor efficiencies, cost effectively, for middle-market, water-cooled, evaporative-cooled and air-cooled HVACR applications.
FRICTIONLESS COMPRESSOR TECHNOLOGY
Frictionless Compressor Technology is one of the fast growing Technology in the mechanical engineering field. In the case of Traditional centrifugal compressors, we use roller bearings & hydrodynamic bearings, both of them consume power & require oil & lubrication system. This can be overcome by introduction of the new compressor technology which is called as FRICTIONLESS COMPRESSOR TECHNOLOGY. The frictionless compressor technology is the compressor with which the application of the magnetic bearings & permanent magnet synchronous motor. In the frictionless compressor instead of the roller bearings & hydrodynamic bearings, magnetic bearings will be use. Magnetic bearings consume less power & there is no need for the oil and lubrication systems. Permanent magnet brushless synchronous motor has the permanent magnet instead of the copper windings. This compressor has the high efficiency, reliability, less maintenance cost & the staff. With help of the digital control system, controlling & monitoring of the work is very easy.
The frictionless compressor technology makes new revolutions in the field of air conditioning, refrigeration etc.
. They Are Different because
1. Magnetic bearings.
2. Oil-free design.
3. VFD control.
4. Smaller and lighter than conventional compressors.
5. Less noise
The components in Frictionless Compressor can be mainly classified into two categories as Mechanical components and Electrical components
1. Magnetic bearings and bearing sensors
- Composed of both permanent and electromagnets
- Enables precisely controlled frictionless compressor shaft rotation on a levitated magnetic cushion
- Bearing sensors, located at each magnetic bearing, feedback rotor orbit and thrust/axial information in real time.
2. Permanent-magnet synchronous motor
- Powered by PWM (pulse width modulated) voltage supply
- High-speed variable frequency operation affords high efficiency, compactness and soft start capability
3. Touchdown bearings
- Carbon-lined radially and axially located bearings support the rotor when the compressor is not energized
- Prevents contact between the rotor and other metallic surfaces
4. Shaft and impellers
- Only one major moving compressor component
- Acts as rotor for permanent-magnet synchronous motor
- Impellers are keyed directly to the motor rotor
5. Compressor cooling
- Liquid refrigerant flow is controlled electronically, cooling electronic, mechanical and electromechanical compressor components to assure maximum efficiency and safe operation.
6. Inlet guide vane assembly
- Trims compressor capacity and is digitally integrated.
- With the variable-speed control, to optimize energy.
- Efficiency and compressor performance.
- Easy to work with – It features the same standard suction, discharge and economizer ports as conventional compressors. It mounts in the standard way. It can use the same power wiring with a single control and monitoring connection.
- Easy on product cost – This frictionless magnetic bearing design needs no oil management system. And because there’s no oil to coat the heat transfer surfaces, the unit’s high efficiency can be maintained over the lifetime of the product. The outstanding efficiency of the compressor gives equipment manufacturers the option to offer the highest efficiency/lowest emissions, cost effective performance in its tonnage range.
- Easy on the ears – A sound level less than 70 dB, with virtually no structure-borne vibration, eliminates the need for expensive attenuation accessories.
- Easy to handle – 265 pounds (120 kg) is less than 20% of the weight of competitive compressors with an approximate 50% smaller footprint.
- Easy refrigerant choice – Since the compressors are optimized for HFC -134a, a well-known, environmentally responsible, refrigerant.
- Easy to control – Onboard digital electronics make the compressor “the compressor” with a brain. Inside, the compressor is totally self-correcting and incorporates a system of sophisticated self-diagnostics, monitoring and control. Outside, you can tap into this intelligence by using control outputs in various for including web-enabled monitoring and control.
Seminar on Frictionless Compressor Technology Report pdf Download
More Resources /articles
Latest seminar topic index - Report ,PPT Download
Mechanical MCQ Objectives Question and Answers
Mechanical Subjectwise Basic Concept Notes ,Articles
New Mechanical Projects 2020 ( All Projects Post Index List )
Thermal Engineering - Articles , Notes , Interview Q & A
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...