Introduction To Automobile Suspension System
Introduction to Suspension System:
These are used in sets of four per vehicle, or they are paired off in various combinations and are attached to the vehicle by a number of different mounting techniques.
Suspension system of an automobile separates the wheel and axle assembly of the automobile from its body. Main function of the suspension system is to isolate the body of the vehicle from shocks and vibrations generated due to irregularities on the surface of roads. Shock absorbers are provided in the vehicles for this purpose. It is in the form of spring and damper. The suspension system is provided both on front end and rear end of the vehicle.
A suspension system also maintains the stability of the vehicle in pitching or rolling when vehicle is in motion.
Functions of suspension system:
1. It prevents the vehicle body and frame from road shocks.
2. It gives stability of the vehicle.
3. It safeguards the passengers and goods from road shocks.
4. It gives the good road holding while driving, cornering and braking.
5. It gives cushioning effect.
6. It provides comfort.
Requirements of suspension system:
1. There should be minimum deflection.
2. It should be of low initial cost.
3. It should be of minimum weight.
4. It should have low maintenance and low operating cost.
5. It should have minimum tyre wear.
Components of Suspension system:
Coil springs, Leaf springs, shock absorbers, Spring shackles, stabilizer
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...