Godrej and Boyce Aptitude Test Paper and Interview Procedure
Godrej and Boyce Aptitude Test Paper and Interview Procedure For Mechanical Students
Godrej and Boyce is a core company headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company mainly functions in real estate, consumer products, industrial engineering, appliances, furniture, security and agricultural products.
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates. The selection process of the company consists of 4 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Written Exam
- Design test and Essay Writing
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- A total of 60 percent throughout (Class X, XII and B.Tech).
- No backlogs.
- Education gap of not more than 1 year.
Godrej – Test Pattern
Round 1 – General Intelligence Test
No. of aptitude questions – 40
Time – 15 minutes
Negative Marking – 0.25 for each wrong answer
Cutoff for clearing the round – 25
Topics – Number series, Logical Reasoning and English Grammar
General Aptitude Questions
1. If ROAD means WALK then WATER means ________. Ans: Swim.
2. Question based on directions. Ex:- If you are facing the sun when it’s rising, which direction is to your left?
3. MATURE means 569215 then what does MATE means:
4. Days and date related question, Ex:- Today is 27 Dec ’07, Monday, what will be the date next Monday?
5. Which will be the next number in the series : 2,2,9,9,25,25,X
6. Find the odd one out a)Nagpur b)Chandigarh c)Delhi d)Punjab e)Rajkot
7. Given the code 1276543890 for LRSTUVAEMG determine how is LATER coded?
8. A rope 35m long was split into 2 parts one of which was (2/5)th the other. Find the length of the 2 parts.
9. ugly : pretty :: active:___________ a)bold b)smart c)inert d)charming e)pessimistic
10. A man is standing facing the morning sun. He walks 10m south. Then takes a right turn and walks 15m. He then takes a left turn and walks 5m. He then turn around(about turn) and walks 20m.He then turns right and walks 15m.How far is the man from his starting point ?
11. Find the missing number a) 0, 2,6,12,20,30, b) 15,9,24,33,57,
12. Find out the missing number: 81 27 9 3 1? a) ½ b) 1 c) 1/3 d) 1/6
13. Find out the missing number: 2 5 11 23 47? a) 80 b) 95 c) 92 d) 101
14. Find the missing number: 0, 7, 26, 63, 124, Ans. 215
15. Verbal (pop): Inert – active, genuine – false, Command, huge,
16. A drowning man can catch the last straw
17. Raja bought a cycle two days before his birthday and it broke 3 days after his birthday if the day cycle broke was 2nd may 1956 when did he buy the cycle.
18. Beautiful is for 012345678 9 and a code for similar word containing the same alphabets
19. 3 hours for 120 miles then 315 miles? 7 7/8
20. Rope of length 35m is cut in to two parts. One is 2/5 of the original length what is longest ropes length.
21. What is the max no? If the sum of two consecutive digits is 55?
22. Find the missing number: 0, 6, 29, and 63,124?
23. Find the missing number: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12?
24. Chennai, Punjab, Nagpur, Calcutta, Mumbai (odd man out)
25. North, south, here, then, there (odd man out)
26. When is for where, time is for space
27. What is essential for man to survive? (Food)
28. What is the first letter of the direction that is to the left of direction in which sun rises?
29. One word is given a code and asked to write 4.58 (a/nk)
30. Success is to failure as Joy is to______
31. Which word means Jolly? Gay, Pretty, Wise, Foolish, Beautiful
32. Opposite of ESSENTIAL is? Fundamental, Unnecessary, Immediate, Necessary, Inconsistent.
33. KELVINATOR….. (Question based on assigning no. to each letter.)
34. Odd man out…..a) then b) here c) above d) below e) there
35. MARYTIME……….. (Question based on assigning no. to each letter.)
36. RAW – reap, cut, silken, rich
37. Past to think, Future is to____ recall, strive, and anticipate,
38. ACEFHIJ…..Z, what is the 11th letter?
Round 2 – Technical Test
No of technical questions – 60
Time – 40 minutes
No Negative Marking
Cutoff for clearing the round – 40
Topics – Strength of Materials, Engg. Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements, Gears and Belt Drives
1. Which pair of gears rotate in the same direction, if x is drive
Essay for the given topic of about 200 wordsRound 3 – Essay Writing
No elimination in this round
1. Your favorite sport
2. Your favorite movie
3. Should smoking be banned in public places?
5. Wonders of modern science
Final Round – Technical Interview
Maheshwaran T S (Selected student)
1. Your resume is so technical why you have to end up in sales?
2. Give me any 5 reasons what would you do as a sales rep?
3. What is your strengths and weakness?
4. Tell about yourself?
5. Tell about your family?
6. Why have you done diploma rather than doing +12?
7. What is your area of interest?
1. Tell me about yourself
2. They gave me two water bottles and assume one product is from Godrej and other one from competitor. They ask me to sale that to normal person saying Godrej is best. (They ask many questions in that)
3. Why sales department as you are interested in thermal engineering.
4. Many basics question related to sales.
Kishore Kumar J:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. After that they asked me whether I know for which section they are recruiting I answered locks and security
3. Then they asked about –do I know about what kind of job?
4. Then I said sale and services
5. Then they asked whether I am interested in doing sales job? I said hesitatingly yes
6. Then I asked them whether I will be able to shift between various dept later down the year?
7. They said yes, but you can shift to other departments only in same kind of sale job.
8. Then they were asking serious questions? At last they made me say that I wanted to work in a technical kind of job.