Fabrication of Hydraulic Fork lift Project Report Download
INTRODUCTION OF FORKLIFT
In general the forklift can be defined as a tool capable of lifting hundreds of kilograms. A forklift is a vehicle similar to a small truck that has two metal forks on the front used to lift the load. The forklift operator drives the forklift forward until the forks push under the cargo, and can then lift the cargo several feet in the air by operating the forks. The forks, also known as blades or tines, are usually made out of steel and can lift up to a few tons. Forklifts are either powered by gasoline, or electricity. Electric forklifts relay on batteries to operate. Gasoline or propane forklifts are sometimes stronger or faster than electric forklifts, but they are more difficult to maintain, and fuel can be costly.
Electric forklifts are great for warehouse use because they do not give off noxious fumes like gas powered machines do. Forklifts are most often used in warehouses, but some are meant to be used outdoors. The vast majority of rough terrain forklifts operate on gasoline, but some use diesel or natural gas. Rough terrain forklifts have the highest lifting capacity of all forklifts and heavy duty tires (like those found on trucks), making it possible to drive them on uneven surfaces.
Forklifts have revolutionized warehouse work. They made it possible for one person to move thousands of pounds at once. Well-maintained and safely operated forklifts make lifting and transporting cargo infinitely easier. This is the general description of a normal forklift.
CONSTRUCTION OF HYDRAULIC FORKLIFT
1. Body or Main frame:
Body is the most important part of forklift. It supports all other parts of the forklift. The main frame of the forklift is made from Mild steel plates.
2. Hydraulic pump unit:
Pump is the main element of the hydraulic forklift and mainly responsible for lifting heavy load at minimum efforts. It utilizes an non-compressible liquid mainly oil for transferring pressure of piston and lifting the load resting on the pallet. Hydraulic pump unit comprises of so many parts like Piston and Cylinder, Fluid release valve, push springs and other welding joints for connecting all the parts rigidly.
3. Steer wheels:
Steer wheel are the primary wheels of the forklift for the rotation of forklift from one direction to another. The steering wheels are generally made from Nylon, rubber, or from any other metal or non metal material. The only must have requirement is that wheel should work efficiently on rough surfaces and must sustain the load lifted by the pallets.
4. Push rod:
The push rod is a round long rod which connects the load roller and hydraulic cylinder for transmitting the pressure to lift the load wheels above the surface.The push rod is mounted below the two forks of the forklift. And are generally made from mild steel bars.
5. Load roller:
Load rollers are the front wheels of the forklifts. And Is intended for the lifting of load and traveling of forklift at short distances. The front wheels are generally made from nylon, high grade plastic or from any other metal or non metal. The main requirement for the material is that it must work on rough surfaces and lift the load according to its capacity without bending and cracks.
Handle is also very important part of the fork lift. It is used for mainly three purposes.
1. For creating pressure in the cylinder by tilting or pushing the handle frequently.
2. For the proper direction alignment of the forklift by hand.
3. For the traveling of forklift by pushing the handle in forward direction.
The fork lift handle works as a lever for lifting the load. And is generally made from a round bar of mild steel. Proper gripping is to be given at the handle for efficient traveling.
7. Handle trigger:
Handle trigger is lever or clutch type small element provided at upper part of the forklift handle. The main function of the Trigger is to release the fluid pressure and lower the forks and front wheel for loading the pallets on the fork.
1) Hydraulic forklift utilizes the non-compressible fluid like oil for lifting the heavy loads with the help of hydraulic cylinder arrangement, so there is no fuel required like other power operated forklifts.
2) No environment pollution and health hazards occurs while using hydraulic forklifts.
3) Hydraulic forklifts are the most economical solution for indoor and warehouse uses because it requires very small space to
4) The best thing is that you can choose a forklift with the right configuration and capacity depending on your need.
5) One advantage of forklifts is that they can reach at higher altitude for loading and unloading of the materials.
6) Without these machines, the warehouses would not be able to operate efficiently and with easiness.
7) They perform eco-friendly operation and have very long working life span.
1) According to the capacity and size of the forklift limited weight is lifted.
2) The capacity of the hydraulic hand operated forklift is limited to some 1.5- 3 ton.
3) Manually operated so long distance can not be traveled.
4) One person is required for the operation.
5) More time consuming than the other types of powered forklifts
Fabrication of Hydraulic Fork lift Project Report PDF Download
More Resources /articles
Project Sample report , Final report Download
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Projects List - Abstract , Report Download
Design and Fabrication projects - Abstract , Report Download
Pedal Operated (Bicycle ) projects
Product Ideas , Innovative Machine Ideas Projects
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...