Difference between Up milling and Down milling
Difference Between Up Milling And Down Milling
1. There is propensity to lift workpiece so extra clamping forces are required to fix job on table.
Forces are enough on job to press down. Thus clamping difficulty is not so much.
2. Cutter turns against direction in which the work is being fed.
Cutter turns in similar direction as to in which the work is being fed.
3. It use of cutting fluid is complicated.
It use of cutting fluid is simple.
4. Cutting force vary as of zero to maximum.
Cutting forces vary as of maximum to zero.
5. Job tool movement is in opposite way.
Job tool movement is in the similar direction.
6. Chip thickness differs as of minimum to maximum.
Chip thickness differs as of minimum to maximum.
7.It surface finish is improved.
It surface finish is improved, if it is free as of backlash error.
8. It is feasible.
It is unfeasible.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...