Introduction To Pressure Vessel
What is Pressure Vessels Or Tank ?
Design Tips For Pressure Vessel Or Tank.
End Closures :
Pressure Vessel also classified as Open type or Close type. End Closures are used at the end of shell to close the both ends of shell. Types of pressure vessel’s end closures are- Hemisperical head, Semi-ellipsoidal head, torisherical head, Conical head or plate type head . Mostly used head is Hemisperical head and plate type.
6) Opening To Pressure Vessel :
Opening is needed to fix the pressure gauges, Inlet Pipes and outlet Pipes. Some nut bolts or flanges, gaskets are used to attach the accessories to tank. Many pressure vessel has Safety Valve for safety purpose.
Other Important things are:
- Pressure Vessels should be designed for gauge or working pressure. The standard design procedure is not applicable for Absolute pressure.
- Manufacturing of vessel must be done properly.
- Small leakage could fail the pressure vessel.
- Welding must be done correctly, Mostly Vessels fails at welding section only.
- Handling of vessel should be proper so that it won’t damage by Impact Load.
- Material should be selected on Cost and availability.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...