Design and Development of Radial air engine
Why select this project ?
•It’s work on pneumatic application.
•It is used in small distance motion apps. The speed requirement is low. It requires less power. Can be worked on low load capacity.
•This engine does not required any type of fossil fuel.
•This engine is non-polluted.
•“Design and construct radial air engine for mechanical application.”
•Application found in industry:-Where small efforts required for movement in machine.
•Pneumatic means air energy.
•The working of this engine is based on energy of air which converts air energy in to some rotational energy.
•Uses air energy for small movement of machine to reduce human effort.
•Small and light weight.
•With balance structure contained, smooth working with little vibration available.
•High efficiency, less engine cost.
Radial engines :–
A compressed air engine or pneumatic motor is a type of motor which does mechanical work by expanding compressed air. Pneumatic motors generally convert the compressed air energy to mechanical work through either linear or rotary motion. According to a
proponent, compressed air has a great deal of potential as a clean, inexpensive, and infinitely renewable energy source. Its use is currently being explored as an alternative to fossil fuels.
A widespread application of pneumatic motors is in hand-held tools, impact wrenches, pulse tools, screwdrivers, nut runners, drills, grinders, sanders and so on. Most successful early forms of self-propelled torpedoes used high pressure compressed air, although this was superseded by internal or external combustion engines, steam engines, or electric motors. Compressed air engines were used in trams and saunters, and eventually found a successful niche in mining locomotives, although in the end they were replaced by electric trains. Transport category airplanes, such as commercial airliners, use compressed air starters to start the main engines.
The air is supplied by the load compressor of the aircraft’s auxiliary power unit, or by ground equipment. Compressed-air propulsion may also be incorporated in hybrid systems, like battery electric propulsion. This kind of system is called hybrid-pneumatic electric propulsion. Additionally, regenerative braking can also be used in conjunction with this system.
- Pneumatic Cylinder: pneumatic cylinder or actuator is used to convert pneumatic power into mechanical movement . Piston and rod is reciprocate or to and fro motion is obtained.
- Inlet & Outlet ports – It allows to enter compressed air into the cylinder.
Smoother operations :- Radial engines are great at producing consistent power(contribution of each piston) . This consistency helps the engine to run smoother.
Tougher and easier maintenance :- All thanks to simple design which makes it less vulnerable to damage as well as it makes much more easier for maintenance workers during routine check-up.
Cost :- Radial engines’ parts, repair costs, and maintenance costs are inexpensive. A cheaper option is welcomed blindfold in a expensive field of work.
- Radial air engines that we have designed can be used to operate sewing machine, surface cleaning by adding required mechanism or by using directly the rotary motion available at the output shaft.
- Nowadays glass plates are being used in the building whether at exterior or interior so for cleaning these glass surfaces we an automated and with some minimal pressure which can clean the surface gently. For these purposes we can use radial air engine to power the device.
- Engine dimensions as well as space acquired by the whole system is required to be large because of storage of pressurized air.
- Engine will be operated with high pressurized air for efficient working.
- Material replacement gives another option for improvement of engine.
- Design modification give better and efficient working of engine
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...