SLOTTING AND PARTING MACHINE AND WOOD RACK CUTTING MACHINE WITH WORM DRIVE TABLE
Wooden racks are either manufactured conventionally by using jig saw cutters which is time consuming and inaccurate hence there is a need for a special purpose machine to produce components as shown below.
1. Straight racks produced if cutter head is at 90 degree.
2. Gear racks can be cut by inclining the cutter head.
3. Slotting and grooving operations can be performed on same machine.
4. Small components can be slit.
5. Fast rate of production.
6. Robust worm drive is self locking hence no backlash while cutting.
7. Low cost of production.
8. Low running cost.
9. Lesser initial investment in special purpose machine.
- Cutter motor selection
- Table worm drive design
- Connecting rod design
- Cutter spindle design
- Worm shaft design
- Drive handle design
- Spindle bearing selection
- Spline shaft design
- Table guide way selection
- Cutter gearbox design
- Worm gear
- bearing selection
- Fixture design
- Cutter head inclination mechanism design
- Crank design
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...