Seam Welding- Diagram, Working ,Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Seam Welding
- It can produce gas tight or liquid tight joints.
- Overlap can be less than spot or projections welds.
- Several parallel seams may be produced
Disadvantages of Seam Welding
- Cost of equipment is high as compared to spot welding set .
- Welding can be done only along a straight or uniformly curved line.
- It is difficult to weld thickness greater than 3 mm.
Applications of Seam Welding:
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...