Power , Flow , Temperature Measurement | Interview Question and Answers
Power , Flow , Temperature Measurement | Interview , VIva , oral Question and Answers
1. What are load cells?
Are devices for the measurement of force through indirect methods
2. Give the principle of hot wire anemometer.
When a fluid flows over a heated surface heat is transferred from the surface and so the temperature reduces. The rate of reduction of temperature is related to flow rate.
3. State any four inferential type of flow meters?
- Venturi meter. (Read More ) Use Of Venturimeter for Flow Measurement and its Advantages
- Orifice meter. ( Read More ) What is an Orifice Meter -Orifice Application
- Rota meter.
- Pitot tube.
4. What is the principle involved in fluid expansion thermometer?
Change in pressure in the bulb is taken as an indication of the temperature.
5. Mention some instruments used to measure negative pressures.
- McLeod gauge
- Kundsen Gauge.
- Pirani Gauge.
- Ionization Type Gauge.
6. Name the two types of hot wire anemometer.
- Constant Current Type.
- Constant Temperature Type.
7. What is an Anemometer?
An anemometer is a device for measuring mean and fluctuating velocities in fluid flows. The reduction of temperature of a surface resulting from the heat transferred owing to the fluid flow is related to flow rate.
8. What is thermocouple?
When two metals are joined together it will create an emf and it is primarily a function of the junction temperature.
read More : Thermocouple how it works | Types , advantages , Application
9. What is a Kentometer?
It is a device for measurement of absolute pressure.
10. What is thermopile?
When thermocouples are connected in series it is called thermopile.
11. Write the working principles of hot wire anemometer.
When the fluid flows over heated surface heat is transferred from the surface and so, its temperature reduces. The rate of reduction of temperature is related to floe rate.
12. What is the use of thermometer and pyormeter?
Thermometer is used to measure the absolute temperatures. The pyrometer is used to measure high temperatures.
13. Name the instruments used for measurement of torque.
- Mechanical torsion meter (Stroboscopic method).
- Optical torsion meter.
- Electrical torsion meter.
- Strain gauge torsion meter.
14. Classify the types of strain gauges.
- Unbonded strain gauge.
- Bonded strain gauge.
- Fine wire strain gauge.
- Metal foil strain gauge.
- Piezo-resistive strain gauge.
Read more : Strain Gauge | Advantages and Disadvantages , Application
15. Mention a few materials used in binding of strain gauges.
- Ceramic cement.
16. Mention the types of dynamometers.
- Absorption dynamometer.
- Driving dynamometer.
- Transmission dynamometer.
Read More : Dynamometer | Types Of Dynamometer used For Torque measurement
17. Mention the types of electrical strain gauges.
- Piezo electric.
- Resistance types.
18. Give any two applications of an ultrasonic flow meter.
- Measurement of flow between the blades of turbines.
- Remote sensing of wind velocities.
19. Name any four inferential types of flow meters.
- A venturimeter.
- A orifice meter.
- A rotometer.
- A pitot tube.
20. What is the principle involved in fluid expansion thermometer?
In fluid expansion thermometers, the change in pressure in the bulb is taken as an indication of the temperature.
More Resources /articles
Technical Mechanical Interview Question and Answers
Machine Design Notes , article , Interview Que. and Ans.
Mechatronics System Notes , article , Interview Que and Ans
Machine Science Notes , article , Interview Que & Ans
Pressure Vessels - Parts, Design, Application, Types, Material, Diagram
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint - Parts, Diagram, Design Calcuation, Applications
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...