Plumbing – Meaning , Definition , types Of Plumbing
What is Plumbing .
Plumbing is any system that conveys fluids for a wide range of applications. Plumbing uses pipes, valves, plumbing fixtures, tanks, and other apparatuses to convey fluids. Heating and cooling (HVAC), waste removal, and potable water delivery are among the most common uses for plumbing, but it is not limited to these applications.The word derives from the Latin for lead, plumbum, as the first effective pipes used in the Roman era were lead pipes.
Plumbing also refers to a system of pipes and fixtures installed in a building for the distribution of potable water and the removal of waste water. Plumbing is the skilled trade of working with pipes, tubing and plumbing fixtures for drinking water systems and the drainage of waste. A plumber is someone who installs or repairs piping systems, plumbing fixtures and equipment such as water heaters. The plumbing industry is a basic and substantial part of every developed economy due to the need for clean water, and proper collection and transport of wastes. In addition to the straight pipe or tubing, many fittings are required in plumbing systems, such as valves, elbows, tees, and unions.
Plumbing Definition :
The system of pipes, tanks, fittings, and other apparatus required for the water supply, heating, and sanitation in a building.
Types Of Plumbing :
There are six type of plumbing.
• Water supply plumbers
• Sanitary plumbers
• Gas fitting plumbers
• Roofing plumbers
• Drainage plumbers
• Mechanical Services
These are six major specializations area of plumbing career.
Plumbing System includes all potable water supply and distribution pipes, all plumbing fixtures and traps; all sanitary and storm drainage systems; vent pipes, roof drains, leaders and downspouts; and all building drains and sewers, including their respective joints and connections; devices, receptacles, and appurtenances within the property; water lines in the premises; potable, tap, hot and chilled water piping; potable water treating or using equipment; fuel gas piping; water heaters and vents for same.
The system constitutes the following:
1. The water supply and water distribution system. Carries water from the water source, street main or a pump to the building and to various points in the building at which water is used.
2. The plumbing fixtures. The receptacles that receive the supplied water and allow the occupants of the building to use the water.
3. The drainage system. The piping network within the building which conveys from the plumbing fixtures all wastes and fecal matter (sanitary drainage) as well as rainwater (storm drainage) to a point of disposal or a treatment facility.
The plumber is the one who works or engages in the business of installing in buildings the pipes fixtures and other apparatus for bringing in the water supply and removing liquid and waterborne wastes.
There are three categories of plumbers based upon their graces of experiences. They are:
1. Apprentice plumber- a beginner at the trade who usually serves for 3 to 5 years as helper to a journeyman.
2. Journeyman plumber- has served his apprenticeship and is competent to perform the tasks of installing and repairing plumbing.
3. Master plumber- a person technically and legally qualified and licensed to practice the profession of master plumbing without limitations in accordance with Republic Act 1378, having passed the examinations conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), has received a certificate of registration from the board of master plumbing and possesses the current license to practice.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...