Introduction To Pattern | Types Of Pattern used in Casting Process
What Is Pattern ?
- The pattern is the principal tool during the casting process. It is the replica of the object to be made by the casting process, with some modifications. The main modifications are the addition of pattern allowances, and the provision of core prints. If the casting is to be hollow, additional patterns called cores are used to create these cavities in the finished product.
- The quality of the casting produced depends upon the material of the pattern, its design, and construction.
- The costs of the pattern and the related equipment are reflected in the cost of the casting.
- The use of an expensive pattern is justified when the quantity of castings required is substantial.
Material used for making Pattern:
Types of Patterns:
1. Solid or Single piece patterns
2. Split or two/multiple piece patterns
More Resources /articles
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...