Table of Contents
This sub-category is about new technologies that would enhance manufacturing efficiency of the plant. Many foreign companies have already adopted such manufacturing methodology.
For example: TOYOTA is the first company who adopted Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) which comes under Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Now days, Industries are adopting these technologies though it has some Disadvantages.
One by One we will see brief Introduction of new technologies:
Computer Aided Design (CAD):
Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM):
layout of Computer Integrated Manufacturing System – See how System Works !
Once payment has been authorized by the bank the money will be removed from your account and electronically paid into the firm’s bank account.
- Productivity and consistency is greater as new production methods are used.
- Greater job satisfaction motivates workers to work hard, as repetitive and boring jobs are now done by machines.
- Better quality products are produced owing to better production methods and better quality control.
- Better consumer service results from computers being used to monitor stock levels.
- Quicker communication and reduced paper work, owing to computers, lead to increased
- Unemployment increases as machines/computers replace people in factories and offices.
- It is expensive as capital intensive, which increases the risks as large quantities of products need to be sold to cover the cost of purchasing the equipment.
- Employees need to be trained to cope up with the new technology and are unhappy with the changes in their work practices when new technology is introduced.
- New technology is changing all the time and will become outdated at some point of time which will need to be replaced by the business to remain competitive.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...