FABRICATION OF HELICAL SPRING LOAD TESTING MACHINE
Mechanical Engineering without production and manufacturing is meaningless and inseparable. Production and manufacturing process deals with conversion of raw materials inputs to finished products as per required dimensions specifications and efficiently using recent technology.
In our project Helical spring load testing machine is used to find out the stiffness, modulus of rigidity, bulk modules for the given coiled spring; it is very much useful for design and inspection of the helical spring
This machine has a fixed column ,in that column the two jaws slide over the column, in between jaws the spring is placed, this jaws are moved by a special square threaded screw rod , when rod is rotated the movable jaw will move up and down, the spring balance is placed at the top of the column and hook of the spring balance is connected with movable jaw , when screw is rotated the spring will compressed it will show the load in spring balance and deflection in steel rule which is fixed in column
A load cell is a transducer that is used to convert a force into electrical signal. This conversion is indirect and happens in two stages. Through a mechanical arrangement, the force being sensed deforms a strain gauge. The strain gauge measures the deformation (strain) as an electrical signal, because the strain changes the effective electrical resistance of the wire. A load cell usually consists of four strain gauges in a Wheatstone bridge configuration. Load cells of one strain gauge (quarter bridge) or two strain gauges (half bridge) are also available. The electrical signal output is typically in the order of a few millivolts and requires amplification by an instrumentation amplifier before it can be used. The output of the transducer is plugged into an algorithm to calculate the force applied to the transducer.
1) It is used for determine the torsional rigidity of the open coiled spring
2) It is used for determine the stiffness of the open coiled spring
3) With the help of special attachment we can find the tensile force of thin wire
4) Its operation and maintenance is very simple.
5) It is compact and portable.
6) It is simple and rigid in construction.
7) Manufacturing cost is lesser than other testing machine.
8) It provides better clamping force on the job.
1) Electronic components life is limited.
2) Load cell capacity life is limited.
• This device is mainly used in manufacturing – oriented industries and spring manufactures.
• This device is suitable for holding open coiled spring.
• It is used to find the torsional rigidity of spring of engineering colleges and polytechnics.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...