What is python language how it is useful for mech engineers
Python is an interpreted high-level programming language for general-purpose programming. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability, notably using significant whitespace.
Features of Python programming language
1. Readable: Python is a very readable language.
2. Easy to Learn: Learning python is easy as this is a expressive and high level programming language, which means it is easy to understand the language and thus easy to learn.
3. Open Source: Python is a open source programming language.
4. Large standard library: Python comes with a large standard library that has some handy codes and functions which we can use while writing code in Python.
5. Free: Python is free to download and use. This means you can download it for free and use it in your application.
6. Supports exception handling: If you are new, you may wonder what is an exception? An exception is an event that can occur during program exception and can disrupt the normal flow of program. Python supports exception handling which means we can write less error prone code and can test various scenarios that can cause an exception later on.
7. Advanced features: Supports generators and list comprehensions. We will cover these features later.
8. Automatic memory management: Python supports automatic memory management which means the memory is cleared and freed automatically. You do not have to bother clearing the memory.
Python for mechanical engineers
The choice of a programming language for a mechanical engineer depends completely on the field of implementation.
Mechatronics and Arduino enthusiasts: Go for C.
It is the standard for processor level programming.
Python on the other hand, is great for rapid prototyping, fluid mechanics (Navier-Stokes solving) and robotics and automation too.
It has a wide range of functionalities, multiple libraries to support mathematics and analytics (NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, Pandas)
It uses less code, and is therefore easy to learn.
MATLAB, the industry standard for prototyping is costly, which gives Python the upper hand.
It’s modules to support matrix math and arrays are rich and the developers’ community is good and fast-progressing. Python is, thus, good for the future as it is one of the fastest growing languages.
Python also comes built-in with Linux kernels and can be easily used on boards that run Little Linux, hassle-free.
So, if you are a mechanical engineer and thinking whether or not to opt for learning Python, here’s a word from me: “Go for it!”
Mechanical Engg regularly use simulation software like Abaqus and here comes need to know Python, Knowing python can ease your simulation and You can write subroutine or programs which can easily be clubbed with Abaqus.
like wise now a days using basic tools like FEM and advanced crystal plasticity and dislocation dynamics, molecular dynamics etc etc need some knowledge of any programming language Fortran or python or …. Many of Mech Engg do develop their scripts to be used with standard CAM software.
SO its good and may be mandatory for a Mech Engg to have working knowledge of language like Python.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...
One thought on “What is python language how it is useful for mech engineers”
How python useful for pneumatic manufacturing industries??can you please give some example.