Onshape CAD – Online 3D Modelling Software for Engineers
What is Onshape CAD Software ?
- Onshape is a new CAD environment developed specifically for the cloud. With that comes a new way of thinking about how users develop designs and collaborate. Access Onshape through a browser on any device. Being browser-based, Onshape requires no software to be downloaded, no files to manage.
- Onshape is a computer-aided design (CAD) software system, delivered over the Internet via a Software as a Service (SAAS) model. It makes extensive use of cloud computing, with compute-intensive processing and rendering performed on Internet-based servers, and users are able to interact with the system via a web browser or the iOS and Android apps.
- Onshape allows teams to collaborate on a single shared design, the same way multiple writers can work together editing a shared document via cloud services.
- It is primarily focused on mechanical CAD (MCAD) and is used for product and machinery design across many industries, including consumer electronics, mechanical machinery, medical devices, 3D printing, machine parts, and industrial equipment.
- Onshape upgrades are released directly to the web interface, and the software does not require maintenance work from the user.
- In November 2012, former SolidWorks CEOs Jon Hirschtick and John McEleney led a team of six co-founders launching Belmont Technology, a placeholder name that was later changed to Onshape. The company’s first round of funding was $9 million from North Bridge Venture Partners and Commonwealth Capital.
- In April 2016, Onshape introduced its Education Plan, with a free version of Onshape Professional geared for college students and educators.
- In May 2016, Onshape released FeatureScript, a new open source (MIT licensed) programming language for creating and customizing CAD features
To run Onshape No Software Download , No Hardware Needed.
No downloading software, files, or other nonsense. You are always working on the latest version of Onshape (updates are typically deployed every two weeks) and so are your collaborators. Never worry about having incompatibility issues again. The demands on hardware are now much lower (Onshape works on Chrome-books just fine). Very flexible.
Solid Modeling Capabilities
Onshape at this point has limited Solid Modeling capabilities compared to most mid-range CAD tools. They are developing everything from the ground-up so. New features and enhancements are introduced regularly (fortnightly updates) and I feel positive about how long it will take the development team to have much of what most users will need.
Language Used for Online 3D Cad Software
FeatureScript is a new programming language designed by Onshape for building and working with 3D parametric models. The language is built into Onshape from the ground up, providing the foundation of Part Studio modeling, including robust geometric references, powerful parametric tools, and a type system with types built for math in three dimensions.
Pricing has been announced. There are free versions that only restrict the number of private documents a user has. The free version has all of the functionality within a document that the professional version has. Professional version has no restrictions on the number of private documents created and costs $100/month. This is going to be quite disruptive to the incumbents.
Pressure Vessels - Parts, Design, Application, Types, Material, Diagram
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint - Parts, Diagram, Design Calcuation, Applications
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...