What is Four Wheel Drive | Diagram , Advantages and Disadvantages
What is Four-Wheel Drive
To increase the effective use of the vehicle required to travel on rough unconstructed roads and trucks, a special arrangement known as four-wheel drive is provided. Due to all four wheels getting driven, the whole weight of the vehicle is available for traction. The system is provided in jeeps which are known as 4×4 wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles. These vehicles are also called off-road vehicles as it is constructed mainly for the purpose of unformed or off-road driving conditions. Example: Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti Suzuki Gypsy, Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero, Mahindra Bolero etc.
Other Vehicle layout :
- Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive | Advantages and Disadvantages
- Front Engine Front Wheel Drive | Diagram , Advantages
- Rear Engine Rear Wheel Drive | Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages Four Wheel Drive :
1. The increased traction is obtainable from four driven wheels which is especially useful on soft or slippery ground.
2. If the front wheel drops into a ditch, they tend to climb out with a rear wheel drive.
3. Wear of tyres and other driveline components are more evenly shared
Disadvantages Four Wheel Drive :
1. It increases weight and bulk.
2. It increases cost.
3. It increases fuel consumption.
4. It increases maintenance due to complexity of transmission system.
5. It is possibly difficult to accommodate an anti-locking brake system.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...
One thought on “What is Four Wheel Drive | Diagram , Advantages and Disadvantages”
Me study in 3 Rd year diploma student of next year admission in BTech degree so which site of the from fill and process to suggest