Some Dimensioning Techniques Used in Machine drawing
1. No dimension should be assumed, calculated or directly measured from drawing.
4. In orthographic views, dimensions should be given logically .Dimensions should be distributes in three views logically and equally in all views.
5. Dimensions lines should be placed at least 8 mm, away from outlines and from each other.
8. For a numbers of dimensions, they should be given in a progressive manner i.e. in increasing order as given in fig.
9. When a number parallel dimension lines are to be drawn, they are shown staggered as shown in fig.
10. Arrowheads should ordinarily be drawn within the limits of dimensioned features. But when the space is too narrow, they may be placed outside as shown in fig.
11. Dimensions of cylindrical parts should as far as possible in the views in which they are seen as rectangles .The dimensions indicating a diameter should be followed by a symbol as shown in below fig.
12. When there are of small holes, their diameters should be given by a notes as shown in figure
13. Angular dimensions may be shown by one of the method shown.
14. Countersunk and threading are shown as below.
15. Symbols for methods of projection must be shown on drawings.
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...