Table of Contents
Seminar On Hybrid Cars /Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) Full Report PDF Download
What is HEV?
- The combination of an internal combustion engine(ICE) with one or more electric motor or generators and a battery pack
- Combines propulsion system with RESS and gets better fuel economy
- An HEV uses less gasoline because the electric motor does some of the work
Working Of Hybrid Cars
- Full hybrids use a gasoline engine as the primary source of power and an electric motor provides additional power when needed
- In addition, full hybrids can use the electric motor as the electric motor as the sole source of propulsion for low-speed, low-acceleration driving, such as in stop-and-go traffic or for breaking up.
- This electric-only driving mode can further increase fuel efficiency under some driving conditions.
- When a full hybrid vehicle is initially started, the battery typically powers all accessories
- The gasoline engine only starts if the battery needs to be charged or the accessories require more power than available from the battery
- The battery stores energy generated from the gasoline engine or during regenerative braking from the electric motor. Since the battery powers the vehicle at low speeds, it is larger and holds much more energy than battery used to start conventional vehicles
- For initial acceleration and low-speed driving, as well as reverse, the electric motor uses electricity from the battery to power the vehicle
- If the battery needs to be recharged, the generator starts the engine and converts energy from the engine into electricity. This is stored in the battery.
- At speeds above mid-range, both the engine and electric motor are used to propel the vehicle
- The gasoline engine provides power to the drive-train directly and to the electric motor via the generator
- During heavy accelerating or when additional power is needed the gasoline engine and electric motor are both use to propel the vehicle
- Regenerative braking converts otherwise wasted energy from baking into electricity and stores it in battery
- In regenerative braking, the electric motor is reversed so that, instead of using electricity to run the wheels, the rotating wheels turn the motor and create electricity. Using energy from the wheels turn the motor slows the vehicle down
- When the vehicle is stopped, such as at a red light, the gasoline engine and electric motor shut off automatically so that energy is not wasted idling
- All other systems, including the electric air conditioning, continue to run
ADVANTAGES OF HEV
- Energy resilience
- Energy efficiency
- Cost of recharge
- Stabilization of the grid
- Use less fuel
- Lighter batteries
- Value Added Features
DISADVANTAGES OF HEV
- Heating of electric vehicles
- Reduced but not emission free
- More expensive e than conventional vehicles
- Has a payback period in average use
List Of Latest Hybrid Vehicles:
More Resources /articles
Hammers are some of the most essential tools in any toolbox. They come in different types and sizes, each designed for specific purposes. If you’re doing any kind of construction work, DIY...
Bridges are a crucial part of our infrastructure, allowing us to connect and traverse various terrains. They play a significant role in transportation, enabling the movement of people and goods...