Table of Contents
Introduction To Brake and Different Types Of Brake | Parts Of Automobile
Main Function Of Braking System:
- To stop the vehicle safely in shortest possible distance in case of emergency.
- To Control the vehicle when it is descending along the hills.
- To keep the vehicle in desire position after bringing it in complete rest when there is no driver.
TYPES OF BRAKING
The brakes for automotive use may be classified according the following considerations.
4. METHOD OF ACTUATION
5. EXTRA BRAKING EFFORT
Based on the above considerations, brakes are classified with respect to following factors.
1. With respect to application,
2. With respect to the number of wheels,
a. Two wheel brakes
b. Four wheel brakes
3. With respect to the method of braking contact
a. Internal expanding brakes
b. External contracting brakes
4. With respect to the method of applying the braking force.
a. Single acting brake
b. Double acting brakes.
5. With respect to the brake gear,
a. Mechanical brake
b. Power brakes
6. With respect to the nature of power employed
a. Vacuum brake
b. Air brake
c. Hydraulic brake
d. Hydrostatic brake
e. Electric brake
7. With respect to power transmission,
a. Direct acting brakes
b. Geared brakes
8. With respect to power unit,
a. Cylinder brakes
b. Diaphragm brake
Hammers are some of the most essential tools in any toolbox. They come in different types and sizes, each designed for specific purposes. If you’re doing any kind of construction work, DIY...
Bridges are a crucial part of our infrastructure, allowing us to connect and traverse various terrains. They play a significant role in transportation, enabling the movement of people and goods...