Gearless Power Transmission In Angular Positions Using Rods-Mechanical Mini Project
What is Gearless Mechanism?
- It consist of links or rods that are bend exactly at 90 degree (right angle).
- The number of links required would be 3 to 8.
- The more the links, the smoother will be the operation.
- Links are made up of bright bars as the bright bar material has good surface finish.
- These links slides inside the through and through drilled cylinder.
- Thus forming a sliding pair.
- These cylinders are coupled to the input and output shaft with help of key.
- Power is supplied by electric motor.
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...