Gearless Power Transmission In Angular Positions Using Rods-Mechanical Mini Project
Today’s world requires speed on each and every field. Hence rapidness and quick working is the most important. Now days for achieving rapidness, various machines and equipments are manufactured by man. The engineer inconstantly conformed to the challenges of bringing ideas and design in to reality. New machines and techniques are being developed continuously to manufacture various products at cheaper rates and high quality. The project GEARLESS TRANSMISSION is being compact and portable equipment, which is skillful and is having something precise in transmitting power at right angle without any gears being manufactured.
What is Gearless Mechanism?
Gearless mechanism is an link mechanism of slider and pair, which is also known as El-bow mechanism
The component is exceptionally valuable for cornering or transmitting movements at right points.
However in certain mechanical application Gearless Transmission at Right Angle can likewise work at insensitive or exact edge plane can be contrasted with worm and worm rigging or slant and pinion gear which are constantly utilized as a part of the business for various application. Similarly high proficiency between the info and the yield power shafts as to the rigging efficiencies.
It consist of links or rods that are bend exactly at 90 degree (right angle).
The number of links required would be 3 to 8.
The more the links, the smoother will be the operation.
Links are made up of bright bars as the bright bar material has good surface finish.
These links slides inside the through and through drilled cylinder.
Thus forming a sliding pair.
These cylinders are coupled to the input and output shaft with help of key.
Power is supplied by electric motor.
Working Video Of the Project :
1. High Efficiency between input and output power shafts.
2. This coupling enables a variable parallel offset between two shafts. They provide constant speed velocity with extremely low backlash, and their compact designs provide large floor space savings.
3. Easy manufacturing of links and links in comparison of crossed helical and worm gear.
4. Very little friction.
5. Hunting and backlash is absent.
6. Backlash-free shaft securement and torque transmission .
7. This is a very smooth-acting device, and the power loss is minimum.
8. It can be run at nearly any speed, even at high speed and is very quiet.
1. Driving for all kinds four faced tower clocks. The elbow mechanism was first use in the year 1685 for the famous London tower clock named bigben.
2. The mechanism is invariable used for multiple spindle drilling operation called the gang drilling.
3. Used for angular drilling between 0 to 90 degree position.
4. Lubrication pump for C.N.C. lathe machines.
5. The mechanism is very useful for a reaching a drive at a clumsy location.
6. Air blower for electronic and computer machine.
7. The mechanism has found a very usefully use in electronic and computer technology for multiple.
8. The elbow mechanism is used for movement of periscope in submarines, the year 1685 for the famous London tower clock.
Sachin is a B-TECH graduate in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed Engineering college. Currently, he is working in the sheet metal industry as a designer. Additionally, he has interested in Product Design, Animation, and Project design. He also likes to write articles related to the mechanical engineering field and tries to motivate other mechanical engineering students by his innovative project ideas, design, models and videos.