Table of Contents
GATE 2018: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Notification
Every Thing About GATE 2018 that you should Know
In GATE examination, candidates can apply for only one of the 23 papers listed in the table given below. Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, candidates are advised to refer to the websites of that particular institute.
Why GATE 2018?
- M.Tech – Campus placements in National and International private or public companies
- Several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruits on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC etc.
- Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs, reputed educational institutes etc.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- Scientists “C” grade jobs
- Career in Research & Development
- Technical value addition
- Expertise in subject/domain specialization
- The eligibility to appear for GATE exam is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E. /B. Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Hammers are some of the most essential tools in any toolbox. They come in different types and sizes, each designed for specific purposes. If you’re doing any kind of construction work, DIY...
Bridges are a crucial part of our infrastructure, allowing us to connect and traverse various terrains. They play a significant role in transportation, enabling the movement of people and goods...