Diaphragm pressure gauge – Diagram , Application ,Advantages
Pressure gauge with diaphragm is pressure gauge which uses diaphragm to measure pressure. The meaning of diaphragm is a material which easy to bend or so-called membrane, which is usually made of thin metal, leather, rubber, clan, etc. The working principle pressure gauge with diaphragm is shown in Figure 1 based on the resilience properties of metal / thin plate due to the curvature of iteration pressure at membrane plane, the membrane device is used to measure the difference of two different pressures.
The ability of pressure gauge with diaphragm to read the different pressure is based on:
- The area of membrane.
- Thick membrane.
- Type of membrane material.
The advantages of pressure gauge with diaphragm as follow:
– Very sensitive due to changes in pressure
– Can be used to measure the height of liquid surface
– Can be used for different pressure
– Can be used at transmitter
– Can be used to measure flow
Diaphragm pressure gauge Diagram :
Types of diaphragm pressure transducers
Two types of diaphragm are generally used:
1) Metallic diaphragm gauge – It consists of a thin flexible diaphragm made of materials such as brass or bronze. The motion of the diaphragm operates an indicating or a recording type of instrument.
This type of gauge is capable of working in any position and is portable, and therefore well adapted for use or for installation in moving equipments such as aircrafts.
2) Slack diaphragm gauge- It is more difficult to measure pressure below the atmospheric pressure because the changes are small. The full range from atmospheric pressure to a perfect vacuum is only 14.7 psi (1 kg/cm2)
A slack diaphragm gauge with a weak spring and a large area can be used over pressure ranges as low as 0.01- 0.40 mm Hg (torr). It is possible to achieve accuracies of 1-2%.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...