CAD Tut 4.
Do this Initial Setting Before Starting any AutoCad Drawings.
- Enable Or Mange Toolbars . ADD Or Remove required toolbars. – Select the toolbars that you will use throughout your drawing. To do this, hover your mouse over an empty space at the top of your screen near the toolbars. Then right-click and select AutoCAD. A long list should show up, displaying various toolbars containing different commands. The most popular toolbars that are used for AutoCAD 2D drawings are the DRAW, MODIFY, and OBJECT PROPERTIES toolbars. Select these toolbars and they should pop-up on your screen.
- Check Visual Interference Options like Ortho, Snap, Otrack
Go ToFormat/Units/Following window will open then check units and change it.
6) Set Limits : Limits indicate your drawing page . Your Drawing should be in Limits box because this will help while taking print out of the same drawing;
7) Check Coordinate System:
- All – Zoom /All, zoom up to the limits or entire drawing, if the drawing extends outside the limits.
- Centre – Zoom/Centre expects the centre point of the zoom and magnification of zoom.
- Dynamic – Zoom dynamic zoom up drawing according to the size of screen. A dynamic window is appearing to specify the area of drawing to zoom.
- Cancel – cancels a command. ‘ESC’
- Undo – undoes your last command. ‘CTRL’ + ‘Z’
- Erase – erases an object, line, or other item. E’ + ‘ENTER’ key
- Circle – creates a circle with a specific radius. ‘C’ + ‘ENTER’ key –> input radius length + ‘ENTER’ key
- Line – creates a line of a certain length. ‘L’ + ‘ENTER’ key –> input length of line + ‘ENTER’ key
More Resources /articles
Introduction to Pressure Vessels Vessels, tanks, and pipelines that carry, store, or receive fluids are called pressure vessels. A pressure vessel is defined as a container with a pressure...
Knuckle Joint A knuckle joint is used to connect two rods which are under the action of tensile loads. However, if the joint is guided, the rods may support a compressive load. A knuckle joint...