Window Air Conditioner – Working and Installation
Window air conditioner consists of a compressor, a condenser, a drier, filter, capillary tube and an evaporator, An electric motor drive the fan to circulate air through condenser coil and runs a blower to deliver either cool air to room or suck air from it before forcing through the evaporator coil which cools as well as dehumidifies the air. A thermostat is provided to maintain the desired temperature by means of an on-off control of compressor. Moreover filter is fitted near evaporator coil. The evaporator and condenser sides are separated through insulation. Dampers are also provided for appropriate air distribution.
The main controls are given below:
1. On/Off Timer:
Set the time of on/off operation. The timer can be set by the one hour for a maximum of 12 hours in the first 30 minutes.
2. Fan Speed Selector:
Select the fan speed in three steps low (F1)/Med (F2) High (F3).
3. Room Temperature Setting Button:
Control the room temperature with a high range of 16°C to 30°C.
4. Auto Swing:
The vertical louver swings horizontally by the automatic system and stops when you press the button again.
5. Air Purifier:
Used to start or stop plasma purification system.
6. Sleep Button:
Steep function can be set for a maximum of 7 hours.
In case of failure of electric power the unit runs as previous setting operation when power returns.
Operation of Window-Air-Conditioner:
1. Pull to open the control panel
2. Use temperature knob to set the desired room temperature level.
3. Use ‘turbo cool’ setting initially for half an hour for rapid cooling of the room. Always wait for 3 minutes before restarting the machine.
Horizontal Air Deflectors/Vertical Air Deflectors:
When you want to deflect the conditioned air to the upward or downward direction, move the horizontal air deflectors by hand. Similarly when you want to deflect the conditioned air to the left or right direction, move the vertical Air deflectors by hand.
(i) Select a location that can support the weight of the air conditioner and so that it will not cause to increase operating noise and vibration.
(ii) Select a location where direct sunlight does not fall on your air conditioner.
(iii) Select a good location for efficient air conditioning. Like a place where there is no obstacles near the air inlet and outlet.
(iv) Do not install your room air-conditioner in the place where inflammable gas may leak,
(v) To get the best performance install the air-conditioner at a place free of obstacles.
1. Ensure rated supply voltage is 230 V/50 Hz, single phase and the wiring is adequately sized.
2. Ensure power supply is properly earthed.
3. Ensure air-conditioner is grounded to prevent electric shock.
4. Please ensure that a stabilizer is installed in those areas where rated voltage is not available.
Precautions during Installation:
Providing, earthing to the power supply and the air-conditioner before starting the air conditioner. Do not place the earth line near water or gas pipeline or earth line of telephone. Improper installation or earth cause electric shock.
For good earthing reading between neutral and earth must be less than 3 V. The supply between line and earth must be rated voltage ± 10%. Also supply between line and neutral must be rated voltage ± 10%.
The following instructions must be followed to select the best location for the installation of air conditioner:
1. To prevent vibration and noise, make sure that the unit is installed securely and firmly.
2. Install the unit where the sunlight does not shine directly on the unit.
3. There should be no obstacle, such as a fence or wall, within 50 cm from the back of the cabinet because it will prevent heat radiation of the condenser.
4. Restriction of outside air will greatly reduce the cooling efficiency of the air conditioner.
5. Install the unit little outward not to leak the condensed water into the room.
Nowadays remote control air-conditioner are used.
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...