SketchUp Software | 3D modeling in a web browser
SketchUp, formerly Google Sketchup, is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design. It is available as a web-based application, SketchUp Free, a freeware version, SketchUp Make, and a paid version with additional functionality, SketchUp Pro.
SketchUp is owned by Trimble Inc., a mapping, surveying and navigation equipment company. There is an online library of free model assemblies (e.g. windows, doors, automobiles), 3D Warehouse, to which users may contribute models. The program includes drawing layout functionality, allows surface rendering in variable “styles”, supports third-party “plug-in” programs hosted on a site called Extension Warehouse to provide other capabilities (e.g. near photo-realistic rendering) and enables placement of its models within Google Earth.
In November 2017, SketchUp Free was released as a web-based application which replaces SketchUp Make.Drawings can be saved to cloud, saved locally as native SKP file or exported as a STL file. Compared to Make, SketchUp Free does not support extensions and creation and editing of materials.
Sketchup Web Browser :
- Go to app.SketchUp.com and start modeling now. You’re using the same modeling engine as our desktop version, running in a browser.
- Use Trimble Connect to host your models online, so your work stays up-to-date and accessible wherever you need it. Your projects auto-save, and in the event of a crash, your latest work will be there when you re-launch SketchUp Free.
- Trimble Connect brings sharing and collaboration to SketchUp. Invite people to view or edit a model. Make and reply to comments; create and assign to-do’s. You’re always working on the most up-to-date version of your model and it’s easy to look up a history of changes.
- Simple to use, fast drawing, starting 3d models and 3d warehouses, extensions, textures, importing of photos and materials, finishing, rendering options, drawing/sketching options, perspective changing, components and objects designing, friendly-used interface, cross-sections, active community,…
- Many options are not visible or even expected. Without manual and (several) video tutorials many things that are simple to do You can’t be done as they are not explained/offered.
- Switching axes sometimes is very irritating.
- Deleting a part of object sometimes cause un-expected results.
- Pushing/pulling sometimes cause small but irritating problems with surfaces.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...