Table of Contents
Seminar On Laser Ignition System Report Download
• It’s widely accepted that the internal combustion engines will continue to power our vehicles.
• Hence, as the global mobilization of people and goods increases, advances in combustion and after-treatment are needed to reduce the environmental impact of the continued use of IC engine vehicles.
• To meet environmental legislation requirements, automotive manufacturers continue to address two critical aspects of engine performance, fuel economy and exhaust gas emissions.
• New engines are becoming increasingly complex, with advanced combustion mechanisms that burn an increasing variety of fuels to meet future goals on performance, fuel economy and emissions.
• The spark plug has remained largely unchanged since its invention, yet its poor ability to ignite highly dilute air- fuel mixtures limits the potential for improving combustion efficiency.
• Spark ignition (SI) also restricts engine design, particularly in new engines, since the spark position is ﬁxed by the cylinder head location of the plug, and the protruding electrode disturbs the cylinder geometry and may quench the combustion ﬂame kernel.
• So, many alternatives are being sought after to counter these limitations.
• One of the alternative is the laser ignition system (LIS) being described here.
• Compared to a conventional spark plug, a LIS should be a favorable ignition source in terms of lean burn characteristics and system ﬂexibility.
• So, in this paper we’ll be discussing the implementation and impact of LIS on IC engines
LASER INDUCED SPARK IGNITION
PARTS OF LASER IGNITION SYSTEM
ADVANTAGES OF LASER INDUCED SPARK IGNITION
- Location of spark plug is flexible as it does not require shielding from immense heat and fuel spray and focal point can be made anywhere in the combustion chamber from any point It is possible to ignite inside the fuel spray as there is no physical component at ignition location.
- It does not require maintenance to remove carbon deposits because of its self-cleaning property.
- Leaner mixtures can be burned as fuel ignition inside combustion chamber is also possible here certainty of fuel presence is very high.
- High pressure and temperature does not affect the performance allowing the use of high compression ratios.
- Flame propagation is fast as multipoint fuel ignition is also possible.
- Higher turbulence levels are not required due to above said advantages
Hammers are some of the most essential tools in any toolbox. They come in different types and sizes, each designed for specific purposes. If you’re doing any kind of construction work, DIY...
Bridges are a crucial part of our infrastructure, allowing us to connect and traverse various terrains. They play a significant role in transportation, enabling the movement of people and goods...