Kinematic Analysis | TOM Interview Question and Answers
Kinematic Analysis | TOM Interview, viva ,oral Question and Answers
1. What are the components of acceleration?
- Radial component of acceleration
- Tangential component of acceleration
2. Write an expression for find number of instantaneous centers in a mechanism.
N=n(n-1)/2, n-no of links
3. What is expression for Coriolis componenet of acceleration?
a BC =2rω
Where ω=Angular velocity of ‘OA’
V=Linear velocity of ‘B’
4. How can we represent the direction of linear velocity of any point on a link with respect to another point on the same link?
The direction of linear velocity of any point on a link with respect to another point on the same link the direction is perpendicular to the line joining the points.
5. What are the important concepts in velocity analysis?
1. The absolute velocity of any point on a mechanism is the velocity of that point with reference to ground.
2. Relative velocity describes how one point on a mechanism moves relative to another point on the mechanism.
6. Define Instantaneous centre.
Instantaneous centre of a moving body may be defined as that centre which goes on changing from one instant to another.
7. Define Instantaneous centre
Instantaneous axis is a line drawn through an instantaneous centre and perpendicular to the plane of motion.
8. How to represent the direction of linear velocity of any point on a link with respect to another point on the same link?
The direction of linear velocity of any point on a link with respect to another point on the same link is perpendicular to the line joining the points.
9. Define Kennedy’s theorem.
The Kennedy’s theorem states that if three bodies move relatively to each other, they have three instantaneous centers and lie on a straight line.
10. Define displacement.
It may be defined as the distance moved by a body with respect to a fixed certain fixed point. When there is no displacement in a body it is said to be at rest and when it is being displaced, it is said to be in motion.
11. What are the types of motions?
1. Rectilinear motion.
2. Curvilinear motion.
3. Circular motion.
12. What are the methods for determining the velocity of a body?
Important methods for determining the velocity of a body are:
1. Graphical method: i) Relative velocity method
ii) Instantaneous centre method
2. Analytical method.
13. Define velocity.
Velocity may be defined as the rate of change of displacement of a body with respect to the time. Since the velocity has both magnitude and direction, therefore it is a vector quantity.
14. Define speed.
Speed may be defined as the rate of change of linear displacement of a body with respect to the time. Since the speed is irrespective of its direction, therefore it is a scalar quantity.
15. What is deceleration?
The negative acceleration is also known as deceleration or retardation.
16. Define Acceleration.
The rate of change of velocity with respect to time is known as acceleration.
17. Define coincident points.
When a point on one link is sliding along another rotating link, then the point is known as coincident point.
18. Define centrode.
The locus of all instantaneous centre’s (i.e., I1, I2,…) is known as centrode.
19. Define Axode.
The locus of all instantaneous axis is known as axode.
20. Define Body centrode.
The locus of all instantaneous centre relative to the body itself is called the body centrode.
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...