Table of Contents
Introduction to Epicyclic Gear Train
Epicyclic Gearbox Parts :
Epicyclic Gearbox Diagram :
Construction of epicyclic Gearbox:
Working of epicyclic gearbox:
Advantages and Disadvantages of the epicyclic gear system
Advantages of Epicyclic Gearbox :
- High reduction ratios
- Compact and lightweight with high torque transmission
- High radial loads on the output shaft
- It is quieter in operation
- Uniform distribution of load over all gears having greater tooth contact.
- All gears are constantly in mesh, so a change of one gear to another is possible without any loss.
Disadvantages of planetary gear systems
Application of Epicyclic Gear train :
- A good example of the everyday application of a planetary gear system is the automatic transmission of a car.
- The epicyclic gear trains are used in the back gear of lathe, differential gears of the automobiles, hoists, pulley blocks, wrist watches, etc.
- The epicyclic gear trains are useful for transmitting high-velocity ratios with gears of moderate size in a comparatively lesser space.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...