Table of Contents
Introduction to Epicyclic Gear Train
Epicyclic Gearbox Parts :
Epicyclic Gearbox Diagram :
Construction of epicyclic Gearbox:
Working of epicyclic gearbox:
Advantages and Disadvantages of the epicyclic gear system
Advantages of Epicyclic Gearbox :
- High reduction ratios
- Compact and lightweight with high torque transmission
- High radial loads on the output shaft
- It is quieter in operation
- Uniform distribution of load over all gears having greater tooth contact.
- All gears are constantly in mesh, so a change of one gear to another is possible without any loss.
Disadvantages of planetary gear systems
Application of Epicyclic Gear train :
- A good example of the everyday application of a planetary gear system is the automatic transmission of a car.
- The epicyclic gear trains are used in the back gear of lathe, differential gears of the automobiles, hoists, pulley blocks, wrist watches, etc.
- The epicyclic gear trains are useful for transmitting high-velocity ratios with gears of moderate size in a comparatively lesser space.
Mechanical Engineering is an essential discipline of engineering encompassing many specializations, with each contributing its unique aspect to the dynamic and inventive nature of this field. With...
The Ram Lalla idol, which is installed at Ayodhya's Ram temple has many significant religious symbols from Hinduism. All 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu are engraved on the idol. Notably, Lord Ram is...