Design and Development of Punching Die and Feeder Mechanism
Today in the rapid competition of the industries to get the best quality of the product in the minimum required time is the main aim of industries. To get the best quality and maximum production most advanced machines are used. But there are no facts that use only the advanced machines, to maintain their performance is real requirement of the industries, also to give proper facilities to the workers with good environmental condition
and to reduce their efforts is one of the objects to achieve the best quality and high production. So we have done design and development in existing punching die with a new die which having more production capacity as per requirement to meet production value and also design feeder mechanism for effective product handling and ease of working to the operator.
The press is a metal forming machine tool, designed to shape or cut metal by applying mechanical force or pressure with help of press tool. The metal is formed to desired shape without removal of chips. Press tools are exclusively intended for mass production work. Sheet metal operation plays an important role in engineering works. Press tool are made to produce a particular component in very large numbers, mainly out of sheet metal.
The principle press tool operations are cutting and forming operations of sheet metal. Sheet metal components such as automobile parts, parts of house hold appliances and electronic equipment’s are produced by press tools. Nowadays lot of sheet metals parts are being utilized in lot of sectors irrespective of particular fields
like mechanical, electrical, electronics, computers.
Sheet metal components are mainly used for the followings
- Lesser in weight
- Less Expensive
- Replaceable and better aesthetics
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR DESIGN OF A DIE SET
- Cost of manufacturing depends on the life of die set, so selection of material should be done carefully keeping strength and wear resistant properties in mind.
- Die is normally hardened by heat treatment so design should accommodate all precautions and allowances to overcome the ill effects of heat treatment.
- Accuracy of production done by a die set directly depends on the accuracy of die set components. Design should be focused on maintaining accurate dimensions and tight tolerances.
- The process should be shock proof, if it is unavoidable, shock resistant properties should also is consider while selecting the material of components of die set.
- Along with the important design consideration one should also know about the proper material selection for components of a die set various types of tool steels with their suitability for components of die set.
- Material or selected tool steel should be very hard to resist wear and strong to her load to the same time die set components may have very complicated shape, design and need very accurate sizing. Most of them are manufactured by machining and finishing operations. Their manufacturing involves processing of tool steel to
make these components, and then these are hardened by different hardening methods like water hardening, oil hardening, air hardening and hard coatings while selecting a die set component material following factors should be taken in care.
For Punch and Die
Material Selected: WPS
Steel Grade: Die steel D3/1.2080
Model Number: 1.2080/D3/Cr12
Technique: Cold Drawn
Annealed Hardness: 269-217 HBS
- Good wear resistance and compressive strength
- Resistance to plastic deformation
- Good hardenability
For Feeder Mechanism
Material Selected: Mild Steel
Model Number: 1.0401
Elongation: 10-14% Min
Technique: Cold drawn
- High ultimate strength
- Low in cost
Download Report :
Mechanical engineering is one of the most physically demanding professions that involve designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. A mechanical engineer's work involves utilizing...
Management is an essential component of every project and team. A competent manager is indispensable in guiding the team, owning outcomes, and mediating conflicts. Engineering managers, in...