Advantages Of Planning | Disadvantages Of Planning
FEATURES OF PLANNING
- It is primary function of management.
- It is an intellectual process.
- Focuses on determining the objectives.
- Involves choice and decision making.
- It is a continuous process.
- It is a pervasive function
Read More about Planning :
ADVANTAGES OF PLANNING / BENEFITS OF PLANNING
We all know that problems occur from poor planning, but what benefits can we expect from good planning?
• Increases the organization’s ability to adopt future eventualities
• Helps crystallize objectives
• Ensures a relatedness among decision
• Helps the company remain more competitive in its industry
• Reduces unnecessary pressures of immediacy
• Reduces mistakes and oversights
• Ensures a more productive use of resources
• Makes control easier
• Increases effectiveness of a manager
• Improves focus and flexibility.
• Improves action orientation.
• Improves coordination.
• Improves time management.
• Improves control.
• Knowing what to expect reduces stress
• Allows you to have the required materials
• Provides a sense of accomplishment & well-being
• Leaders receive accurate and complete information, and do a better job as a result.
• Helps the organization progress in a manner considered most suitable
• Employees know what is expected.
• Employees stay within the time limits.
• Managers give enthusiasm and confidence to other leaders
LIMITATIONS OF PLANNING
• Effectiveness depends upon correctness of assumptions
• Planning is expensive
• Planning delays actions
• Encourages a false sense of security
Introduction to Seals : Oil under pressure is moving in every hydraulic circuit. Since oil is a liquid it has the tendency to 'leak' through every gas/slot it finds during movement. This leakage of...
Introduction to Slotting Machine : The slotter or slotting machine is also a reciprocating type of machine tool similar to a shaper. It may be considered as a vertical shaper. The machine operates...